Designer's Tip: Ink the decorative edge of the Celtic Square die-cut with VersaMark, then emboss it white for a contrasting border effect. Layer 3 die-cuts together with contrasting papers beneath them for an eye-catching focal.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with Simply Susan green/black houndstooth paper. Cut a 5”x2” teal textured paper and mat top and bottom edges on Simply Susan black/white dots paper with 1/2" borders. Glue centered on the card. Add Black Thin Lines Dazzles™ on the edges of the teal textured paper. Ink the edges of the card black.
- Die cut 1 Celtic Square from Simply Susan green textured paper. Ink only the decorative border on the die-cut with VersaMark ink and sprinkle with white embossing powder. Tap off the excess and heat to melt with the heat gun. Add Black Thin Lines Dazzles™ on the inner edges of the white embossed borders.
- Die cut two Celtic Squares from black cardstock. Turn the two black die-cuts on point and overlap them so they are 5 5/8” long together. Glue together and mat on Simply Susan purple dots paper with 1/16” borders. Glue centered on the card. Turn the green textured/embossed die-cut on point and glue centered on the black die-cuts.
- Layer together the butterfly papier tole embellishment with foam tape and glue angled on the center of the green/white embossed die-cut. Add Teal Jewel Dazzles™ to the decorative edges of the die-cuts as shown. Trace and cut out a “Squared Tag A” shape on teal textured paper. Mat on black cardstock with 1/16” borders. Foam tape angled on the lower right portion of the card as shown. Add Black Thin Lines Dazzles™ on the bottom of the tag, and at top and bottom edges of the card.
- Ink “Hello” with Black Surfacez ink and let dry. Add to the tag as shown. Glue the lavender butterfly image (extra art from the papier tole sheet) on the lower right portion of the tag. Use 1/2" wide purple grosgrain ribbon to tie a bow, then cut the ends in a “V”. Zot™ the bow on the top of the tag. Add a Teal Jewel Dazzles™ on the butterfly images as shown.
- Cut a 5”x4” green/black houndstooth paper and glue it centered on the inside. Cut a 5”x2” purple dots paper and mat the top and bottom edges on black/white dots paper with 1/2" borders. Glue centered on the green/black hounds tooth paper. Add Black Thin Lines Dazzles™ on the outer edges of the houndstooth paper.
- Die-cut 1 Celtic Square from teal textured paper, then mat on black cardstock with 1/16” borders. Turn on point and glue centered on the inside. Add Black Thin Lines Dazzles™ on the inside edges of the decorative border of the die-cut. Ink “Happy Birthday” with Black Surfacez ink and let dry. Add words to the center of the die-cut. Glue a lavender butterfly and two flower images (extra art from the Papier Tole sheet) on the die-cut as shown. Embellish with Teal Jewel Dazzles™. Zot™ knotted ribbon as shown.