Designer's Tip: Frame the stamped focal with beautiful floral and butterfly stickers backed with contrasting patterned papers. A added decorating chalks to the stamped image for a touch of color.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Mat a 4 3/4"x6 1/4" aqua/pink/white textured paper on dark plum floral paper with 1/16” borders. Glue centered to the card front leaving a 1/8” white border on the card on all sides.
- Stamp the postage stamp image on pink cardstock. Trim the edges around the image for a 3 1/4"x2 1/2" rectangle. Round the corners and mat on dark plum floral paper with 1/16” borders; round the corners. Write or computer print “thank you” below the stamped image as shown. Glue to the card front, 3/8” from the right edge and 1 3/4” from the bottom.
- Use pink dotted paper to back a lace border sticker, 1 large and 1 small butterfly sticker, and the center of a large flower and two tiny flowers near the leaves. Trim evenly around the edges. Back the remaining portion of the large flower with plum floral paper and trim evenly. Trim the backed border sticker to 4 3/4" long and glue across the bottom of the card even with the paper. Add the stickers overlapping or near the stamped image as shown.
- To color the stamped image, add dark aqua chalk near the center of the butterfly wings and in the inner border of the postage stamp. Add plum chalk to the outer areas of the butterfly wings and on the flower petals. Tie an aqua ribbon bow and Zot near the lower right edge of the pink cardstock.
- Cut a 4 1/2"x4” aqua/pink/white textured paper and round the corners. Mat on plum floral paper with 1/16” borders, then round the corners. Glue centered to the inside. Write or computer print “I appreciate your” with space beneath the words for the “KINDNESS” sticker. Trim to a rectangle and add the word sticker. Round the corners, mat on plum floral paper with 1/16” borders, and round the corners again. Glue centered on the aqua/pink textured paper.
- Back the center of a flower with leaf sticker with pink dotted paper, then back the remaining flower with plum floral paper. Back the small butterfly with pink dotted paper. Trim all edges evenly. Add the stickers overlapping the word block as shown. Tie an aqua bow and Zot as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Botanical Etchings Paper Pack (link)
- Botanical Etchings Ribbons—24” length of 1/8” wide aqua grosgrain ribbon (link)
- Postage Stamp (small stamp) (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Beauty & Blossoms Dazzles™ (link)
- 5”x6 1/2" blank white card (link)
- light pink cardstock (link)
- black ink pad (link)
- Jewel Pearlescent chalk set (link)
- Corner Chomper (1/4”) or other corner rounder punch (or round corners with scissors) (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- black pen or computer printer
- font: Sudestada