Click to view a larger image
- Cut the card to a 5" square. Cut a 4 3/4" square from yellow/pink/orange/red dots paper and ink the edges. Glue to a 5" square of dark pink cardstock, then attach the "wish" Brad Buddy™ about 1 3/4" from the top of the dotted paper square. You might want to use some glue or Zots™ to hold the bottom of the letters in place as well as attaching it with the star brad. Glue even with the card front so the fold of the card is at the bottom.
- Ink the edges of the orange dotted border and glue across the front, about 3/4" from the bottom. Mat "enjoy" on yellow cardstock, ink the edges and glue to the border. Glue a tag overlapping the left side of the border strip, as shown.
- Cut a 5"x2 1/2" yellow cardstock rectangle and place horizontally on your cutting mat. Measure 1 1/2" in from each bottom corner and mark with a pencil. Measure 1 1/2" up from the bottom corner on each side and mark with a pencil. Align your ruler to connect the marks on each side and cut off the corners. Score 1/2" along the long straight side and fold on the scored line. Ink the edges and let dry. Align the 1/2" folded edge of the flap over the top (open end) of the card and glue in place so the larger portion of the flap overlaps the front of the card. Make sure the flap will tuck beneath the "wish" Brad Buddy™. If the flap is a bit too long, you can trim the bottom of the flap slightly.
- Cut out the "A" tile and "birthday", mat each on dark pink cardstock. Fold a piece of pink paper ribbon and glue beneath the letter. Attach to the yellow flap with foam tape. Add "birthday" as shown.
- For the inside: Cut a 3 1/4"x4 1/4" piece of dots paper and ink the edges. Glue orange dotted border across the center, then mat the rectangle on yellow cardstock. Add a yellow candle Brad Buddy™ with orange star over the center of the dotted border. Ink the edges of the rectangle and glue centered to the inside. Cut out words, mat on dark pink or yellow cardstock and ink edges. Arrange around candle and glue in place.