Designer's Tip: Washi papers are somewhat translucent. It take advantage of their vibrant colors it is best to place them on a white surface, such as a white card or white cardstock when cutting into shapes
- Place the card fold at the top and cut the card to 6 1/2” x4”. Place the Fancy Cut Away border, from the Design Tool Kit, onto the back of the black Washi paper, with the template extending off the Washi paper edge by 1/4”. Place the Washi paper flush with the top edge of the card. Cut around the Cut Away edge, leaving a 1/16” border.
- Trace the flower image from the template onto the back of the red Washi paper. Cut out flower and place on white cardstock . Cut out leaving a 1/16” border. Foam tape to the left side of the card. Place a red satin flower at the center. Tie knots in each end of an 18” length of twine and tie a bow. Glue Dot the bow under the right side of the flower.
- Inside back: Cover the card inside back with glimmer paper. Mat a 6 1/2”x1/2” strip of red Washi paper with white cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border and glue 1/8” from the bottom of the card.
- Trace the Tiny Label onto glimmer paper and mat with both white and black cardstocks, leaving 1/16” borders. Place “Happy Birthday” Dazzles on the label. Cut out 2 circle patterns from the black Washi paper and glue to each side of the label. Foam tape the label to the center of the card.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Design Tool Kit #1 (link)
- Happy Birthday Greetings Dazzles Black Glitter (link)
- Emerald Glimmer Paper (link)
- Red (link) and Black (link) Washi Adhesive Sheets
- Red Satin Flower (link)
- Tomato Red Twine (link)
- 12x12 Classic Cardstocks-white and black (link)
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots (link)
- Foam tape (link)