Designer's Tip: Washi papers are somewhat translucent. For this card I did not back the punched shapes with white paper, but instead took advantage of the translucent quality and overlapped the shapes, allowing patterns to mix. The Washi Papers are heavily patterned with geometric shapes. I used the simple shape of a circle punch to high light the patterns on a blank white card.
- Place the card fold on the top. Punch two 2 1/8” circles from both yellow dot and orange Washi Papers. Punch one 1 11/16” circle from brown, three 1 1/4” circle from green, one orange and one brown.
- Peel the backing off and place the circles across the center of the card, overlapping as shown. Trim those that are extending off the card even with the edge.
- Stamp a greeting at the top left, above the circles. Knot the ends of a 24” length of twine, wrap around the card fold and tie a bow at the right side.
- Inside: Punch one 1 11/16” circle from orange and one 1 1/4” circle from green and one from brown. Peel and stick to the bottom right corner of the card inside back. Stamp the sentiment to the left of the circles.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- 5”x 61/2” blank white card (link)
- Heartfelt Greetings Stamp Set
- Washi Adhesive Sheets: Orange (link), Yellow (link) and Brown (link)
- Latte Brown Twine (link)
- Circle Punch: 2 1/8” (link), 1 11/16” (link) and 1 1/4”
- Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Inkpad (link)