Designer Tips: I chose to make the bottom edge scalloped to reflect the scalloped ribbon at the top. The scalloped edge is made with the Tonic border punching system.
- Cut 6 1/2”x5” of blue snowflake. Separate the top and bottom pieces of the Scallop Sew Ribbon template and place the paper in between the two. Place the template along the top edge of the paper so the slots are about 1/4” from the edge. When the magnets are lined up, pierce through the paper with the piercing tool, piercing all the holes in the template. If needed, shift the template to complete punching the border.
- Peel off the white backing of a Ribbon Needle and apply to one end of the velvet ribbon, sandwiching the ribbon between the sticky ends of the needle. Thread the ribbon in and out of the slots, creating the scallops. Zot the ends down and trim the excess ribbon.
- Place the Sew Ribbon template about 1/8” below the first row of scallops, shifting it over a little so the scallops are staggered with the first row. Repeat the punching and sewing, this time using the grosgrain ribbon. Zot the ends and trim excess.
- Glue the blue snowflake piece to the card front with the ribbon border along the fold. Take the Tonic border system and place the removable blue guides at 1 3/8” on each side of the center. Open the card and place the front flap edge on the Tonic border system. Use the scallop punch to punch in the center of the flap, then slide the card over, line up the edge of the punched scallop with the removable blue guide, and punch again. Repeat on both sides of the center until the border is complete.
- Glue 6 1/2”x2 1/2” of silver metallic paper across the front flap, 1/8” below the ribbon border. Stamp “Happy Holidays” in the center of the rectangle label from the Winter Delights free download. Stamp a couple small snowflakes on the sides. Place one end of the label in the Sew Ribbon template and punch a single slot. Do the same for the other end of the label. String 8” of velvet ribbon through the right slot and tie in a knot. String 4” of velvet ribbon through the left slot and tie in a knot. Foam tape the label to the card 1/2” from the left and 1 3/8” from the top. Trim the ends of the ribbon at an angle slightly longer than the card and Zot down the ends.
- For the inside: Glue 6 1/2”x2 1/2” of green stripe across the bottom. Stamp “Merry Christmas” in the center of the large label and glue to center. Stamp small snowflakes around the white area.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Scallop Sew Ribbon Template (link)
- Winter Delights Paper Pack- blue snowflake and green stripe (link)
- Winter Delights free tag download (link)
- Silver metallic paper (link)
- Christmas Stamp & Punch stamps (link)
- Deep Lagoon ink pad (link)
- Aqua Sew Ribbon (link)
- Tonic Border System (link)
- Edger Punch- Scallop Edger (link)
- 6 1/2”x5” blank white card (link)
- Small Zots (link)
- Foam tape (link)