- Use the green Sew Ribbon with the template, but also as the flower leaves to tie the card together and give a cohesive look.
- Only cut your sew ribbon after it is weaved through your slits as not to waste ribbon by cutting the length incorrectly.
- Wetting the paper for the flower adds more texture and allows the paper to keep its shape better. You can control the look of your flower by how much or little you unfold the crumpled pieces.
- With the fold on the left, cover the top 3 ¾” of the card with Enchanted Moments brown corner flower paper. Cut Enchanted Moments purple polka dot paper to 5”x2 ¾”. Using the Sew Ribbon Leaf Template, snap the stencil top and bottom together with the Enchanted Moments purple polka dot paper sandwiched in between. Reposition ¼” from the top edge of the paper, centering your stencil to insure your ribbon will look even on the card. Using the tool provided, punch through the stencil slits until you hear and feel the tool handle hitting the top stencil. You will feel the blade punching through your paper, but the blade will not go through the bottom stencil completely. Bend the ribbon needle in half and peel the backing away starting in the middle. Adhere to the green Sew Ribbon half way to the folding point (do not cut your ribbon to length as this will be easy to do once the ribbon is strung through the paper). Making sure your ribbon is straight, simply weave the ribbon in and out of the slots to create the ribbon stitch. Once completed cut the ends to match the edge of the paper and glue to the bottom of the card. Using the Enchanted Moments striped paper, cut a blue strip, ink the edges brown, and glue on top of the flower and polka dot paper seam. Ink the edges of the card brown.
- Print “Thank You” on Enchanted Moments blue paper using your computer and cut out with Vintage Sign A from the Layered Labels Template. Ink the edges with the Ocean chalk ink pad. Cut a Victorian Label from Enchanted Moments brown paper and glue the Vintage Sign A on the Victorian Label. Using brown StazOn ink two gold mini brads with brown to achieve a copper look. Punch a 1/16” hole on both points of the Victoria Label, thread the brads through, and glue centered below the Sew Ribbon leaf design.
- Punch five scalloped 2 1/2'” circles from Enchanted Moments brown paper and five from Enchanted Moments purple polka dot paper. Ink the blue scalloped edges with the Ocean chalk ink pad and the purple scalloped edges with the Blackberry chalk ink pad. Run all 10 scalloped edges under water until damp, but not saturated, and crumple individually into balls making sure not to rip the paper. Let dry. Once dry slowly uncrumple the paper leaving it with texture and folded at the edges. Using brown StazOn ink two gold mini brads with brown to achieve a copper look. Stack your scalloped circles rotating color starting with purple on top. Once all ten are stacked, punch a 1/16” hole on the center of the stack, thread the brad through, and glue to the card as shown.
- Cut two 3” sections of green Sew Ribbon. Fold each in half and glue between the leaves of the flower.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Enchanted Moments Paper Pack (link)
- Layered Labels Template (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Gold Round Mini Brads (link)
- Sew Ribbon Leaf Template (link)
- Green Sew Ribbon (link)
- Sew Ribbon Needle (link)
- Blackberry chalk ink pad (link)
- Ocean chalk ink pad (link)
- 2 ½” scalloped punch (link)
- 1/16” hole punch (link)
- Brown StazOn (link)