- Open both cards and place out flat on your work surface. Place one card over the other and glue together at the center, so you have one card with 3 panels. Turn the card so the folds are at the top and bottom. Trim 1 ¾” from the long opening edge of the top panel, then use the corner rounder round the two corners. Cover with red/teal/ivory striped paper and ink the edges. Ink the edges of a 1” wide teal patterned paper strip and glue across the striped paper, trimming edges even with the card. Glue black ribbon across the center of the strip, trimming edges evenly.
- Fold the top flap over so it overlaps the bottom flap. Cover the bottom card panel with striped paper and ink the edges (I matched up the stripes of the paper so they would be continuous on the card front, but that’s optional).
- Use the Button Studio tool, self-adhesive buttons, and red patterned paper to create two buttons for the card front. Position one button centered on the top flap, 3/8” from the bottom edge of the flap. Hold the button in place while using the awl to pierce two buttonholes through the top card flap only. Position the second button centered on the bottom flap, 3 ½” from the top edge of the flap. Hold the button in place and make two buttonholes through the bottom flap only.
- Cut a 4” length of memory thread for each button. Insert one piece through the buttonholes of each button, then through the corresponding holes in each card flap. Twist the ends to secure, then trim ends and flatten against the inside of the card. Cut an 8” length of memory thread. Use the awl to place a Zot™ beneath the button on the top flap, near the center of the button. Place one end of the memory thread on the Zot™ beneath the button, and wrap a few times, then wrap around the button on the bottom flap, then the top button again in figure 8 fashion.
- Zot™ an ivory flower to the left side of the top flap, overlapping the ribbon. Use the round Shape Studio tool and round bubble cap to create a flower center using teal patterned paper. Zot™ to center of flower. Write or computer print “thank you” on ivory cardstock, and trim to a 1 3/8”x¾” rectangle. Trim the ends for a tag, ink edges and mat on red. Ink edges and glue near the flower.
- Inside the card: Unwrap the memory thread to open the card. Ink the edges of two 6 ½”x¾” striped paper strips and glue over the inside panels, covering the ends of the memory thread. Glue a 5”x6 ½” teal patterned paper rectangle to the center inside panel.
- Ink the edges of a 6 ½”x2 ½” striped rectangle and glue centered across the teal paper. Ink a 4”x1 ¾” teal rectangle and glue centered on the striped rectangle. Glue black ribbon across the center of the rectangles. Zot™ a small ivory flower over the upper left corner of the teal rectangle. Use the Shape Studio tool to create a flower center from the words portion of the striped paper, Zot™ it to the center of the flower.
- Write or computer print “you’re a great friend” on ivory paper, trim, and ink the edges. Mat on red, ink the edges, then glue centered on the inside as shown. Close flaps, then wrap memory thread around buttons to close the card.