- Glue a 6 3/8”x4 7/8” green/blue/orange striped rectangle centered on the card front, and ink edges blue. Ink the edges of a 6 ½”x¾” strip from white cardstock and glue even with the bottom of the card front.
- Cut a 6”x3” rectangle from the Color Me Flowers paper that contains some large flowers in the pattern. Cut this rectangle into 3 equal rectangles, 2”x3” each. Place the rectangles together so the pattern matches at the edges. Apply the chipped sapphire ink to the left rectangle with the sponge, then wipe off excess with the paper towel. Color the middle rectangle with rusty hinge ink, and the right one with pine needles ink in the same manner. Line up the 3 rectangles together on white cardstock and glue in place. Trim to a 1/16” white border. Glue centered on the card front, ¼” from the top.
- Ink some areas of the remaining Color Me Flowers paper with the 3 colors of ink, wiping off the excess with the paper towel. Use the round shape studio tool, bubble caps, and button studio tool with self-adhesive buttons to create embellishments from the inked paper. Cut thin strips of excess inked paper and thread through the buttonholes instead of thread. Trim the ends and secure at the back with glue.
- Zot™ the embellishments in contrasting colors for flower centers on the card front as shown. Use a mixture of buttons and the smaller round shapes to form a border across the strip of white cardstock, alternating colors as shown.
- Cut loosely around a butterfly from the Color Me Tags and Borders sheet. Ink it with the chipped sapphire ink, including around the outside edges. Wipe off excess, then trim around it leaving a thin blue border. Fold the wings and foam tape the body to the card front as shown.
- Write or computer print “happy birthday” on white cardstock. Trim to a 1 3/8”x¾” rectangle, then trim the ends for a tag shape. Ink edges blue and tuck beneath button at center of border.
- Inside the card: Glue a 6 ½”x1 ¼” striped paper rectangle across the center of the inside. Cut loosely around the Color Me tag. Apply rusty hinge ink to the tag, including around the outside edges. Wipe off excess with paper towel. Trim around the tag, leaving an inked border around the edges. Glue the tag centered over the striped paper rectangle. Write or computer print a message on white cardstock. Trim to a rectangle, then ink the edges green. Glue to the upper left portion of the card. Zot™ a button and round embellishment to tag as shown.