Click to view a larger image
- Mat the photo on onyx glimmer, leaving a 1/16" border. Mat on light blue textured paper, leaving a 3/4" border. Ink the edges.
- To punch a square from onyx glimmer, first punch the image once. After the first cut, lift the upper punch and move the paper to the LEFT on the base until the punched design fits precisely over the magenta shape and printed design labeled SQUARE. Replace upper punch, ensure paper alignment is still correct, and press on the center of the lever with heel of hand. Repeat two more times to complete the square (4 punches in all). Repeat for a second square, then cut each in half diagonally. Fold each half, aligning the decorative edges. Add punched corners over the light blue corners of the mat. Mat on white cardstock leaving a 1/16" border. Ink the edges.
- Ink edges of the medium blue textured background paper. Glue the matted photo to the page, 7/8" from the right side and 1" from the top. Glue black ribbon along the bottom edge of the photo. Zot a knotted ribbon as shown. Write or computer print journaling on a light blue tag, then ink the edges. Add a black mini brad to the top and glue angled over right side of matted photo.
- Punch two light blue textured squares, then cut in half diagonally. Glue each half to the left edge of the background paper, creating a contrasting border. Add a standard black brad at the center of each piece.
- Use the SQUARE and BORDER designs to create a rectangle for journaling: Punch your first design on light blue paper. Lift the upper punch and move the paper to the LEFT on the base until the punched design fits precisely over the magenta shape and printed design labeled SQUARE. Punch again, then move the paper to the left on the base until the punched design fits over the green shape and printed design labeled BORDER; next, go back to the SQUARE design for two consecutive punches, then back to the BORDER design for one punch. The order goes: first punch, then square, then border, then square, square, then border. Computer print journaling on the rectangle, or write by hand with the black pen. Mat on onyx glimmer, then white cardstock. Ink the edges. Create one more punched square from onyx glimmer, cut in half, and glue to the left end of the journaling block. Glue beneath the matted photo. Zot flowers with brads to the page to the right of the journaling block.