Designer's Tip: Flip every other paper strip over when putting the strips in order to vary the pattern created on the ornament. This gives the ornament a different look when hung in the air as it twirls.
- (These instructions create two ornaments.) Cut the top 1 1/2” off of Christmas Lace red/multi-colored flowers so it is 12”x11”. Cut the 1 1/2”x12” strip in half to make two 1 1/2”x6” strips. Cut another 1 1/2”x12” strip and cut in half. Cut two 1 1/2”x10 1/2” strips and cut them in half. Cut two 1 1/2”x9” strips and cut them in half. Cut one 1 1/2”x7 1/2” strip and cut in half.
- Using the border punch, punch on both sides of each strip, creating a repeated circular shaped strip. Stack the paper strips in this order for both ornaments: 12”, 10 1/2”, 9”, 7 1/2”, 9”, 10 1/2”, 12”. Hold the stack tightly and staple the end, about 1/4” from the edge. Repeat for the second ornament.
- Take the other ends of the paper strips and pinch them together, making the ornament shape. Staple the end. Repeat on the second ornament.
- Add jewel Dazzles on one of the outside strips of the ornament, in the middle of each circular shape: Place a large Dazzles on the top and bottom of the strip. Place a medium Dazzles on the next circular area of the top and bottom, moving towards the center of the strip. Place a small Dazzles in the middle two circular shapes of the strip. Repeat on the other outside strip of the ornament. Repeat on the second ornament.
- On the center ornament strip, place one large Dazzles on both sides of the middle circular-shape. On the next strip to the right and left of center, place a medium Dazzles on the middle circular-shape. Repeat on the second ornament.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Christmas Lace Double Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Tonic Victorian Border punch (link)
- Silver Jewel Dazzles (link)
- ruler and scissors or paper trimmer