Designer's Tip: To create a corner using a scallop border punch, first punch image on scrap paper. Next use a ruler to measure from bottom edge of paper to the top edge of the punched image. In this case it is 5/8”. Use a pencil and ruler to draw horizontal and vertical lines on the back of the paper, 5/8” from the edge of the paper. Turn the punch over and open the trap door. Align the image where the lines cross and punch. Repeat with the second image. Turn the paper over and continue to use the punch quide.
- Place the card fold on the top. Cover the card with light pink cardstock. Ink the edges of 6 1/4” x 4 3/4” blue gingham paper. Punch lengths of tan cardstock using the Vine Strip Border punch. Glue across the gingham paper near the top and left edges. Trim the border even with the paper edges. Glue the gingham to the card center.
- Punch the right edge and bottom edge of a 4 1/2”x3 1/2” pink flower paper with the Victorian Border Punch, using the scallop corner technique. Apply brown chalk to the punched images and glue to the bottom right on the card front. Ink the edges of 4 3/8”x 3” quilt paper and glue over the pink flower paper, offset.
- Glue a length of twill ribbon across the bottom. Thread bright pink buttons with white paper strips and glue to each side of the twill. Mat a 2 5/8”x 1 3/4” photo with white cardstock, leaving a 1/16” border. Foam tape to the card, above the twill. Tie 2 lengths of yellow gingham ribbon into a bow and glue to the top left card corner where the borders cross. Glue a medium pink button to the center.
- Inside: Punch each long edge of a 6 1/2” x 2” length of tan cardstock, using the Victorian Border punch, aligning scallops. Glue across the card bottom. Ink the edges of 6 1/2” x 3/4” blue gingham paper and glue across the center of tan border. Punch Vine Border from pink cardstock and glue across the gingham. Glue a large pink button over right side of border.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- 5”x 6 1/2’ blank white card (link)
- Sew Cute Paper Pack (link)
- Sew Cute Ribbon Collection (link)
- 8x8 Princess Cardstock-light pink and tan cardstocks (link)
- Tonic Vine Strip Border Punch (link)
- Tonic Victorian Border Punch (link)
- Confetti Mix Buttons (link)
- Basic Chalk Set-Brown Decorative Chalk (link)
- Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Inkpad (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots (link)