Designer Tips: I colored a glass slide with alcohol ink, then stamped over it with black StazOn for this pretty necklace. I colored the silver frame with copper ink to coordinate with the colors in the necklace. Blotting the alcohol ink with a folded paper towel adds texture. This necklace is easy to make and a great gift!
- Cover your work area with newspapers, then place a paper towel on the covered work area with a glass slide on top. Add 1 drop of currant ink and 1 crop of copper ink near the center of the glass slide, then 1 drop of meadow ink near the top and lower right areas of the slide. Use a cosmetic sponge applicator to spread the ink over the entire slide, then blot lightly with a folded paper towel before the ink dries to add texture.
- Stamp the flowers/swirls/words image over the bottom right portion of the alcohol-inked slide with Jet Black StazOn ink and let dry. Stamp a ¾” butterfly angled just above the swirl. Stamp the swirls border horizontally over the slide, ¼” from the top. Stamp “amazing” between the butterfly and the border centered near the right side. Stamp the swirls on the end of the border image above and left of the butterfly, as shown. Let ink dry.
- Cut a 1” x 3” rectangle from tan/pink/green swirls paper. Stamp the words border over the left edge of the rectangle. Stamp the butterfly/swirls/words image over the rectangle, ¼” from the bottom. Stamp the top end of the large floral image over the center right side, and stamp the swirls border across the rectangle, ½” from the top. Set aside to dry.
- Use a cosmetic sponge to color one side of a silver frame with copper ink. Let dry, then color the rest of the frame and let dry. Place a second glass slide over the inked/stamped slide. Place the 1” x 3” piece of clear transparency material on your work surface, then place the stamped paper rectangle over it facing down, with the white side up. Place the 2 glass slides over the paper and transparency in one stack. Open one side of the frame. Pick up the stack of slides, paper, and transparency as one stack and place inside the frame. Secure the top. Thread ribbon through the loop at the top of the frame.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Artful Collection Stamps set (link)
- 1” x 3” Memory Glass Slides (link)
- 1” x 3” Memory Glass silver Frame (link)
- 1” x 3” piece of clear transparency sheet (link)
- Nonna’s Garden Paper Pack (link)
- Nonna’s Garden Ribbons (link)
- Adirondack Alcohol inks: currant, meadow (link)
- Metallic Mixatives Copper (link)
- Alcohol blending solution (link)
- StazOn® ink pad Jet Black (link)
- paper towels, rubber gloves, newspapers to protect work area
- cosmetic sponge applicators