Designer Tips: I stamped on a variety of specialty papers plus metal for an interesting mix of textures on this collaged card. I layered stamped vellum over cardstock and other stamped images. I also embossed a clear layer over the stamped rectangular image for a nice smooth texture. Foam tape a stamped butterfly cut-out over a stamped butterfly image for added color and dimension. StazOn inks work great on lots of surfaces including vellum and painted metal!
- Card front: With the fold at the left, cover the card front with roses/dictionary paper and ink the edges brown. Stamp the large butterfly with lines and swirls image on light pink cardstock. Tear the side edges and trim top and bottom straight. Ink the edges brown. Mat on brown swirls paper leaving a thin border. Use the template to trace a Victorian label onto tan/pink/green swirls paper. Cut out the shape and ink the edges brown. Stamp a swirl centered on the bottom with black ink. Stamp a 2” length of the ruler image on vellum, using brown ink. Let dry, then back with light green cardstock. Trim edges to fit vertically on the left side of the label. Ink the edges brown and glue to the label as shown.
- Technique: (Stamping on vellum) Stamp the large floral botanical image on vellum and let dry. Use the template to trace a squared oval label A shape around it so the stamped image is centered on the shape. Stamp a small butterfly near the flowers with brown ink. Ink the edges of the vellum shape brown and mat on light green cardstock. Stamp “Merci” on white vellum with black ink and tear around the word. Stamp The swirls and lines border on vellum with black ink. Let dry, then trim to a rectangle.
- Technique: embossing: Stamp the large rectangular image onto light pink cardstock with brown ink and cut it out. Apply the VersaMark ink pad direct-to-paper over the entire piece. Sprinkle an even layer of clear embossing powder over the ink. Emboss with the heat tool. Mat on brown swirls paper, leaving a 1/16” border.
- Technique: (Stamping on metal)Attach a light pink great big brad to scrap paper or cardstock. Stamp the top portion of the large floral botanical image onto the brad with brown ink by carefully and gently placing it straight down onto the brad, so the stamp doesn’t slide. Let dry.
- Arrange the elements on the card front, overlapping as shown. Trim prongs from the brad and foam tape it to the card overlapping the stamped border. Stamp a large butterfly with brown ink and a tiny butterfly with black ink, both on pink dotted paper. Cut out the butterflies, then foam tape the large one over the same stamped image on pink cardstock. Foam tape the tiny butterfly overlapping the stamped swirl on the Victorian label. Zot ribbon as shown.
- Inside: Ink the edges of a 4 ½” x 3” dictionary paper rectangle with brown ink, then mat on light green leaving a 1/16” border. Use the template to trace a bracket label A shape on pink dotted paper. Cut it out and ink the edges brown. Glue centered to the rectangle. Stamp the large floral botanical image onto white vellum with black ink. Glue to the left side of the rectangle as shown, trimming edges evenly. Stamp a large butterfly with lines and swirls image onto light pink cardstock using brown ink. Tear the sides, and trim top and bottom straight. Mat on brown swirls paper. Glue overlapping the vellum and label on the rectangle. Stamp “You make me smile” onto tan/pink/green swirls paper with brown ink. Use the template to trace a Vintage sign A shape around the words. Cut it out and ink the edges. Mat on brown swirls paper leaving a 1/16” border. Glue the rectangle centered on the inside of the card. Glue the word label overlapping the bottom right edge. Stamp a tiny butterfly on pink dotted paper with black ink and cut it out. Glue to lower left corner of the vellum near the floral image.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Artful Collection Stamps set (link)
- Nonna’s Garden Paper Pack (link)
- Nonna’s Garden Ribbons (link)
- Layered Labels Template (link)
- StazOn® ink pads Jet Black (link) and Timber Brown (link)
- Clear Embossing Powder (link)
- VersaMark ink pad (link)
- white vellum (link)
- light pink cardstock, light green cardstock (link)
- Fresh Berries Great Big Brads (link)
- Vellum Glue Dots (link)
- 5 x 6 ½” blank white card (link)
- foam tape (link)