Designer’s Tip: The monochromatic color scheme and vintage feel of the stamps gives this journal a French vintage look.
- Cover the front and back of the composition book with black/white dot paper and trim the edges even with the book using an X-acto knife. Lightly sand the cover edges to give it a white edge.
- Stamp a 1/2” x 10” strip of plaid paper with the text border. Ink the edges black and glue next to the dot paper on the spine. Glue a length of black loop ribbon to cover the seam between the 2 papers.
- Ink the edges of a 5 3/8” x 8” rectangle of plaid paper. Stamp the swirl border along each corner. Randomly stamp the large and small butterflies and bee stamps around the inside area of the plaid paper, turning the images in different directions with each impression.
- Glue the center portion of a 1 yard length of black stitched ribbon across the middle of the book. Tie the ends in a bow to secure the book. Trace the Square Oval Label A onto black cardstock. Print a title on the plaid paper, leaving space between the first and second line of text for a stamped image. Trace with Square Oval Label B, ink the edges black and glue to the center of the larger label. Secure a black mini brad on each side. Foam tape over the ribbon. Layer flowers and secure with a black brad. Glue near the top of the loopy ribbon border.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Artful Collection Stamps set (link)
- Layered Labels Template (link)
- Black/White Dots 12x12 paper by the sheet (link)
- Gray Plaid 12x12 paper by the sheet (link)
- Chocolate flowers (link)
- Chocolate ribbons (link)
- Chocolate brads (link)
- Black cardstock (link)
- Stazon® Black inkpad (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Sanding block (link)
- X-acto knifes (link)
- Black and white Composition book