Designer’s Tip: Using multiple layers enhances the focal and helps it appear larger.
- Card Front: Place the card with the fold on the left. Cut striped paper to 5” x 1 ¼” and glue to the bottom edge of the card. Cut brown patterned paper to 5” x 5”. Stamp border on off-white paper with warm green ink. Cut to 5” x ½” and glue under bottom edge of the brown paper. Glue to the card with ribbon and tuck ends of ribbon under edges of the paper. Emboss 3 white snowflakes on teal paper and punch with fancy square punch. Cut off excess and glue to the card tucked under brown/border piece. Tie red bow and Zot™ to the center of the ribbon.
- TECHNIQUE – MULTIPLE LAYERS: Emboss large oval image on teal paper with white embossing powder. Cut around edge and glue to red paper. Cut around the edge and glue to off-white paper. Cut around the edge and foam tape to the card in the center of the brown. Stamp “Joy to all” with green ink on off-white paper. Stamp small oval with red ink around greeting. Cut around edge and foam tape to the card.
- Inside of card: Cut striped paper to 4” x 1” and glue to the card 1” from the left and 1 1/8” from the top. Cut teal paper to 2” x 2” and round two right-hand corners. Glue to the card along the edge of the striped paper and 1 ¾” from the top. Cut red paper to 3” x 1 ¾” and round all corners. Glue to the card over teal and striped paper ½” from the left and 2 ¾” from the top.
- Emboss small oval with white on teal paper and cut around the edge. Stamp “Blessings” in red on off-white paper. Cut around the word in rectangle shape and glue to the center of the embossed oval. Glue to red paper and cut around the edge. Glue to off-white paper and cut around the edge. Foam tape to the center of the card. Stamp 3 snowflakes with green ink.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Christmas Splendor paper
- Christmas Stamp & Punch stamp set
- Christmas Splendor ribbon pack
- Chalk Ink (warm red (link) , warm green (link))
- fancy square punch (link)
- corner rounder (link)
- VersaMark inkpad (link)
- white embossing powder(link)
- Zot™ glue dots (link)
- foam tape (link)