Designer’s Tip: When creating a stamped background, turning the image in different directions as you stamp will prevent repetition of the image and make it look more random.
- Place the card fold on the side. Cover the card front with blue cardstock and stamp the bottom 2” with blue ink and a swirl stamp. Stamp and emboss a 4 ¾” square of light brown cardstock with a botanical stamp and glue centered at the top of the card.
- Stamp the ruler border in brown ink on a 5” x ½” strip of light blue cardstock. Ink the long edges of the strip brown and glue over the seam between the blue and brown on the card front. Binding: Fold a 2 ½” x 6 ½” strip of brown cardstock in half and sand the edges. Repeat stamping “For You” down the length of the folded strip. Glue over the card fold.
- Lightly stamp the book text image across the pink Designer Label shape. After the first impression stamp again to the right of the first image to give the text a distressed and aged look. Repeat across the label. Sand the label edges and glue to the center of the embossed brown area. Emboss a portion of a botanical image on the right corner of the Small Designer Label, sand the edges and stamp “Wishes” with brown ink. Foam tape to the center of the larger label and glue a small bow to the top left.
- Inside: Glue a 5”x 2” strip of light brown cardstock embossed with botanical image to the top of the card inside back. Glue a 5”x ½” strip of light blue stamped with a brown ruler image across the bottom edge. Stamp “happy birthday” in blue at the top of the card with a brown butterfly to the right. Stamp the butterfly on pink cardstock, cut out and glue over the stamped image. Glue a bow to the right side of the ruler.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Artful Collection Stamps (link)
- 8x8 Retro Cardstock (link)
- Nona’s Garden Ribbon Set (link)
- 15 Lovely Labels Template (link)
- StazOn® Timber Brown (link)
- Chalk Ink Prussian Blue (link)
- White embossing powder (link)
- Versamark Watermark inkpad (link)
- 5”x 6 ½”blank white card (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Zots Adhesive Dots (link)