Designer's Tip:The memory thread will stick on the card better if glue is applied onto the window edge first, placing the thread on it afterwards. Gluing and placing the thread in sections of shorter-lengths will help align it on the edge accurately.
- “Niece”: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cut around “Niece” Dazzles™ and tape it to scrap paper. Ink the word using StazOn® and let it dry to use later.
- Front of card: Cut 5”x6 1/2” Sew Cute green and glue it to the card. Trace Victorian Frame with the top edge of the template 1 3/4” from the top edge, centered on the card. Cut it out with a pen knife, making a window. Chalk the edges of the window brown. Cut 5”x1 1/2” pink cardstock, and stamp each of the buttons on it close to one another using Versamark™, creating a pattern. Pour white embossing powder on the strip, pouring the excess back into the container. Heat the powder with a heat tool, embossing the pattern. Glue it to the bottom edge of the card.
- Ribbon: Cut 5” of 1/2” twill and glue it on the top edge of the pink cardstock. Cut 5” of 1/4” brown ginghem and glue it to the top edge of the twill. Cut 5” of 3/8” “Cute as a Button” twill, flip the ribbon over so the words are not shown and glue 3/4” from the top edge of the card. Cut 5” of blue mini rick rack, tie it in a bow and Zot™ it on the center of the 3/8” twill.
- Buttons: Stamp one of the big buttons on Sew Cute pink using VersaMark™ and emboss it with gold powder. Trim the button and mat it on pink cardstock with 1/16” borders. Stamp the swirl button on Sew Cute quilt using VersaMark™ and emboss it with white powder. Trim the button and mat it on pastel pink cardstock with 1/16” borders. Stamp the square button on Sew Cute blue ginghem using VersaMark™ and emboss it with brown powder. Trim the button and mat it on pastel pink with 1/16” borders. Stamp the lined button on Sew Cute yellow using VersaMark™ and emboss it with gold powder. Trim the button and mat it on pink with 1/16” borders. Punch the button holes on all four buttons. Place “Niece” Dazzles™ on brown cardstock and trim around it with 1/8” borders. Zot™ it on the bottom ribbons, 1 1/4” from the right edge.
- Threading the Buttons: Cut 7 1/4” of memory thread. Thread the pink button in the middle of the strand. Placing it on the right strand and slightly under the pink button, thread the white button. Placing it on the left strand and slightly under the pink button, thread the blue button. Foam tape the three threaded buttons on the bottom left of the window edge, the center of the pink button 1 1/4” from the left edge. Glue the right strand along the entire window edge. Zot™ the left strand in its shown placement, the end of the strand pointing towards “Niece”. Cut 1/2” of memory thread and thread the yellow button, twisting the back strands together and laying them flat against the button. Foam tape the button on the center of the blue bow.
- Inside of card: Cut 3” Easy Circle on Sew Cute yellow and mat it on pastel pink with 1/8” borders. Place a large jewel Dazzles™ 1/2” from the right edge of the yellow circle, centered. Repeat of the left side of the circle. Cut 1 3/4” of memory thread and Zot™ the ends on the Dazzles™, creating the impression of a threaded button. Stamp “Cute as a Button” on pink carkstock using VersaMark™ and emboss it with white powder. Placing one of the big button stamps flat side down and centered on the words, trace the circle shape and cut around it. Foam tape it on the center of the paper and thread. Glue the button to the center of the card, 1 1/16” from the top edge.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Small Buttons stamp set (link)
- Sew Cute Paper Pack (link)
- Sew Cute ribbon set (link)
- Family & Friends White Dazzles (link)
- Black Jewel Dazzles
- 8”x8” Cardstock for Princess Papers (link)
- Layered Labels Template (link)
- Easy Circles template (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Brown Memory thread (link)
- VersaMark™ Watermark stamp pad (link)
- Embossing powders: white super fine (link), Gold (link), Dark brown bark (link)
- Acrylic stamping block (link)
- StazOn® Metallic Gold ink pad (link)
- Metallic cream chalk – Brown Ink (link)
- McGill 1/16” craft punch (link)
- heat tool (link)
- X-acto® pen knife and cutting mat (link)
- foam tape (link)
- glue stick (link)
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots (link)