Designer's Tip: When putting together the stockings, save time by stamping the image on each paper before cutting out the individual pieces. Using an awl will help pierce a hole in the thick stack of paper, making it easier to secure a brad through it.
- Front of card: Place the card with the fold on the left. Cover the front with blue dotted. Cut 5”x2 ½” green stripe and glue it on the bottom edge. Cut 5” of ¼” white sheer ribbon and glue it on the top edge of green stripe. Cut 5” of 1/8” green grosgrain and glue it on the middle of the sheer ribbon.
- Stamp a stocking on cream cardstock using black ink. Trace 15 Lovely Labels vintage sign around the slightly tilted stocking and cut it out. Stamp “By the Chimney…” on cream cardstock. Trace mini book plate label around the words and cut it out. Glue the stocking label on blue snowflake, and glue “By the Chimney…” label 1/16” below it. Cut around the labels with 1/8” borders so you are matting them as one. Trace book plate label on multi-color flower and cut it out. Mat it on dark green cardstock with 1/8” borders. Glue the stocking label on it.
- Making an extra for the inside, stamp two stockings on each paper: blue dotted, green flower, and burgandy cardstock. Cut out the blue dotted toe, heal, and top cuff of both stockings and both of the burgandy stocking pockets. Cut out one of the green flower leaves. Glue the three blue pieces of one of the stockings and a burgandy pocket on the cream stocking. Foam tape the two tips of the green leaves so it looks like they are sticking out of the top cuff, and glue its bottom edge to the cream stocking. For the stocking on the inside of the card, glue the three blue pieces of the second blue stocking and the other burgandy pocket onto the green flower stocking. Cut around the green stocking with 1/16” borders, making it the mat. On both the inside and outside stockings: Smooch the stitching along the toe, heal, and top cuff. Place a small heart Dazzles™ on the center of the burgandy snowflakes of the stockings.
- Knot the center of green grosgrain ribbon and trim the tails at a length of ½”. Tie a bow at the center of 1/8” red sheer ribbon and trim the tails at a length of 2 ¼”. Cut 4 ¾” of white sheer ribbon. Brad the three ribbons in the following order: green, red, white. Secure the bradded ribbons at the center of the swirls on the cream stocking. Twist the tails of the red and white ribbon and Zot™ them in place as shown. Secure a brad on both sides of “By the Chimney…”, ¼” from the edges. Glue the label 1” from the bottom edge of the card.
- Inside of card: Cut 10” of both 3/8” red ginghem ribbon and ¼” of cream ginghem ribbon. Cut both of them in half. Zot™ the red ribbon on both sides of the card, 3” from the top edge. Zot™ the cream ribbon on both sides of the card, above the red ribbon. Stamp “Merry Christmas” 1/8” above the cream ribbon, ½” from the right edge. Brad the second stocking above the cream ribbon, 1 ¼” from the left of the card center. Glue the stocking toe to the card.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Stocking Small Stamps set (link)
- Christmas Lace Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Christmas Lace ribbon set (link)
- 15 Lovely Labels template (link)
- Paper Pizazz® 8”x8” Friendship Cardstock (link)
- Christmas Greetings stamp set (link)
- Black round mini brads (link)
- Moonlight Smooch™ Pearlized Accent ink (link)
- Silver Heart Pearl Jewel Dazzles (link)
- StazOn® Black ink pad (link)
- Acrylic stamping block (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots (link)
- Foam tape (link)