Designer's Tip: To keep the Micro Glitter from “shedding”, burnish the glitter into the adhesive with your fingers and tap off the excess. Repeat this process 3-4 times, until very little glitter comes off the shape. I used the small tip of the pens to color inside the Dazzles™-the color flows easily into the tiny spaces without having to get very close to the edges of the Dazzles™.
- Use the template to trace a Scalloped Oval shape onto white cardstock. Cut loosely around the shape. Peel the yellow backing from the double-sided adhesive and place the cardstock shape on the adhesive with the scalloped shape showing on top. Trim around the shape through the cardstock and adhesive.
- Peel off the second piece of backing from the adhesive and place the piece with the adhesive side up on scrap paper. Sprinkle Micro Glitter on the shape and work it in with your fingers so it is evenly covered. Tap off the excess. Burnish the glitter into the adhesive with your fingers and tap off the excess. Repeat the burnishing and tapping of the excess glitter for a total of 3-4 times, until very little glitter will come off the shape when tapped against the paper. Funnel excess glitter back into the container.
- Place Flowers and Lace Dazzles™ on the glittered shape. Color in the flowers with the red pen (DR2) and the leaves with the green pen (JG1).
- Place your blank card with the fold at the top. Align the striped paper with the bottom and left edges of your card and glue in place. Trim the excess card from the right side and the excess paper from the top (save the excess piece of striped paper for the inside). Cut a 6”x3/4” red/black dots strip and ink the edges black. Glue even with the bottom. Cut a 6”x1/2” green floral paper strip and ink the edges. Glue even with the bottom. Ink the edges of the card. Place a Dazzles™ border even with the bottom edge of the card. Foam tape the glittered shape centered on the card front. Tie a brown crepe bow and Zot™ on the left side as shown.
- Glue the remaining striped paper strip leftover from step #4 across the inside, 1 1/4" from the bottom. Trace and cut out a Scalloped Tag shape from green floral paper and ink the edges black. Place a small flower with leaves sticker on remaining white cardstock and trim top and bottom edges close to the sticker. Trim the sides to about 3" wide. Place on scrap paper and color in the flower and leaves with Spectrum pens. Mat on red/black dots paper leaving 1 row of dots on top and bottom borders. Ink the edges. Glue on the green floral tag, 3/4" from the bottom. Trim sides evenly with the tag and ink the edges. Glue centered to the inside, overlapping the striped paper.
- Trace and cut out the Elegant Tag shape from white cardstock. Write or computer print words on the center, leaving 1/2" of space at the bottom. Cut out the shape and add a Tiny Butterfly Dazzles™ below the words. Ink the edges and glue angled to the top of the green tag. Tie a knot using brown crepe ribbon and Zot™ as shown.