Designer Tip: I used Distress inks to color the surface of the glitter, overlapping the colors to blend them for a beautiful effect. Leaf die-cuts placed over the colored glitter create perfect embellishments for your page. After die cutting the leaves, I used the leftover evacuated pieces as a template for cutting the leaf shapes from the glittered adhesive/cardstock
- Die cut one each of the 3 Leaves with brown cardstock (save the evacuated pieces to use as templates). Cut a piece of white cardstock large enough to place the 3 leaf shapes on it. Cut the same size piece of double-sided adhesive and peel off the yellow backing. Place the adhesive onto the cardstock. Take the evacuated die-cut piece for each leaf shape and trace the leaf onto the second yellow backing. Trim around each shape through the cardstock and adhesive.
- Peel off the second piece of backing from the adhesive for each leaf shape and place the pieces with the adhesive side up on scrap paper. Sprinkle Crystal Micro Glitter on the shapes and work it in with your fingers so it is evenly covered. Tap off the excess. Burnish the glitter into the adhesive with your fingers and tap off the excess. Repeat the burnishing and tapping of the excess glitter for a total of 3-4 times, until very little glitter will come off the shape when tapped against the paper. Funnel excess glitter back into the container.
- To color the leaves, place a clean foam pad on the blending tool (or use a cosmetic sponge) and apply Bundled Sage ink randomly on the leaves. Use a clean corner of the foam pad to apply Wild Honey ink randomly on the leaves, overlapping some of the green. Now add Rusty Hinge ink in the same manner. Add more ink as desired, for deeper color. Add a brown leaf die-cut to each matching glittered leaf. Glue in place with Tacky Glue.
- Use the Stolen Moments post card collage paper for the background. Mat a 7”x5” photo on brown cardstock with 1/4" borders. Mat again on Stolen Moments aqua textured paper with 1/8” borders at top and sides, and a 1/4" border on the bottom. Ink the edges with Dark Brown ink.
- Cut an 8 3/8”x6” Stolen Moments brown striped paper. Cut an 8 3/8”x3” Stolen Moments ivory/brown/aqua tiles paper and glue centered across the brown striped paper. Ink side edges with Dark Brown ink. Place a 1” length of 1/2" wide green grosgrain ribbon centered at each end of the ivory/brown/aqua tiles paper. Wrap the ends at the back and secure with glue. Glue matted photo centered on the paper. Glue to the page, 1 3/4" from the right side and 2 1/2" from the top.
- Write or computer print journaling, year, and title on Stolen Moments aqua textured paper. Trim the journaling block into a 4 1/2"x2 1/4" rectangle and ink the edges brown. Mat on Stolen Moments brown striped paper with 1/8” borders. Glue to the page, 2 1/2" from the right side and 5/8” from the bottom.
- Trim the title into a 2”x1 1/8” rectangle, then trim the right corners for a tag shape. Ink the edges of a 1/8” wide strip of Stolen Moments ivory/brown/aqua tiles paper with Brown ink and glue across the left side of the tag. Ink the edges of the tag brown. Foam tape/glue in place overlapping the upper left edge of the matted photo. Trim the year into a 1 3/8”x3/4” rectangle, then trim the left corners for a tag shape. Add a 1/8” wide strip of ivory/brown/aqua tiles paper on the right side of the tag. Ink the edges of the tag brown. Foam tape overlapping the lower right corner of the matted photo.
- Foam tape the leaf die-cut glitter embellishments to the page near the journaling and photo as shown. Tie a bow with green grosgrain ribbon and Zot™ on the left edge of the photo mat as shown. Add Brown Jewel Dazzles™ to the tags and decorative page border.