Designer's Tip: Tape end of your stencil down with stencil tape, then move tape out of the way when applying gelatos to that area. I placed a ruler along my cardstock when tearing to get a somewhat uniform edge.
- Cut a 5”x6 1/2” white cardstock and place on craft sheet. Scribble the four green Gelato colors on a small area of your craft sheet. Dip your brush in water and pick up a green color from the craft sheet. Cover some random areas on your cardstock with one color using a circular motion. Rinse the brush and color other areas with the other green colors, blending the colors together with a little more water, as needed, until cardstock is covered. Let dry. Place a ruler 1/4” from each edge and tear along ruler edge to get a 4 1/2”x6” cardstock. Set aside.
- Using a few pieces of tape, place the wreath stencil on a piece of white cardstock. Use the brush and the above method to apply 4 green colors of gelatos to the open stencil areas, and around the stencil edges. Move the tape when you get to it. Apply gold Gelato to the berries. Remove stencil and let dry. Cut out the outside and inside of wreath, leaving 1/16” border around edges. Cut a 5”x2” white cardstock and use the above method to center the scrollwork stencil, color the entire cardstock around the stencil and set aside.
- Place your card with the fold on the left and cover with green cardstock. Foam tape the torn cardstock to the front. Cut a 4 1/4”x3 3/4” green cardstock and use VersaMark™ to center and emboss the stamp from the Gelatos kit, in gold. Foam tape as shown and place straight line border Dazzles™ around edges. Tie two 12” lengths of twine around wreath and foam tape as shown. Cut a 2 3/4”x1 1/4” green, mat on stripe paper with 1/4” border and place “Joy” and zigzag border Dazzles™ as shown. Foam tape to lower part of card.
- For the inside: Place a 5”x4” stripe paper at top edge. Place a 5”x2 3/4” green cardstock at top. Tear off 1/2” of the scrollwork stenciled paper and place 1/4” from top. Place “Merry Christmas”, holly and straight line border Dazzles™ on Green.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- 5”x6 1/2” Blank White Card (link)
- Christmas Delights Paper Pack (link)
- Green & White Cardstock (link)
- Gold Christmas Greetings Dazzles (link)
- Gold Thin Lines Dazzles (link)
- Christmas Time 12x12 Stencil Set (link)
- Watermelon Twine Cording (link)
- Green Gelatos Colors (link)
- Gold and Silver Gelatos Colors (link)
- VersaMark™ Stamp Pad (link)
- Gold Embossing Powder (link)
- acrylic block (link)
- heat embossing tool
- craft sheet (link)
- foam Tape (link)
- small cup of water