Designer's Tip: Stencil more than one image, then cut out elements of each and stack on top of each other for an easy dimensional look.
- Cut three 4”x7” cardstocks. Using circular motions, lightly sponge Ocean ink over one, Lime over another and Warm Violet over the third. Place the tall ornament stencil on the blue inked cardstock and tape ends down. Use a combination of the inks to sponge colors on the different open areas of the stencil. Sponge Ocean around the outside of the stencil, moving tape as needed. Repeat the process on the green inked cardstock, but do not ink outside of the stencil. Repeat the process on the violet inked cardstock, but only ink in the center areas of the ornament. Remove the stencil.
- Cut out the blue ornament, leaving 1/8” border all around. Mat on suede with 1/16” border. Cut out the green ornament, cutting off the light green stencil outlined area. Foam tape over the blue ornament. Cut out the center portions of the violet ornament, leaving a 1/8” light violet border around the chosen shapes. Foam tape over the green ornament.
- Place medium and small blue and red Dazzles™ on the ornament layers, as shown. Apply Stickles around blue ornament outline, and around various edges of the inner stencil shapes on different layers. Let dry. Punch a hole at top of ornament. Tie a 12” length of memory thread through the hole at the top and wrap around a pencil. Tie a 10” length of thread at the top and curl.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- White Cardstock (link)
- Navy Suede Paper (link)
- Blue Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- Red Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- Ornaments 6x6 Stencil Set (link)
- Silver Memory Thread (link)
- Arctic Deep Fluid Chalk Ink Pad (link)
- Lime Pastel Chalk Ink Pad (link)
- Warm Violet Chalk Ink Pad (link)
- Red Barn Chalk Ink Pad (link)
- Silver Stickles (link)
- cosmetic sponge
- 1/8” hole punch (link)