- With the card fold at the top, cover the card with the lavender “handmade” patterned paper and trim the card even with the edges. Tear a 3” wide strip of lavender vellum. Apply glue to the area of the card that will be covered with the heart. This will hide the glue that can show though the vellum. Apply additional glue to the edges of the card to secure the vellum at the sides. Glue the vellum across the center of the card. Ink the card edges.
- For the heart: Apply lavender paint to the heart surface and light ivory paint to the lock and key, let dry. Apply black ink to the surface of all three objects. Lightly sand the edges. Glue the key hole over the heart and punch holes through the heart. Secure with pewter mini brads.
- Punch another hole for the flower at the upper right shoulder on the heart. Secure the ivory flower with a standard pewter brad.
- Cut the word “heart” from the Words and Quotes book and cut into a tag shape. Ink the edges and punch a 1/8” wide hole. Thread with floss and glue the ends to the key. Glue a knotted ribbon length over the floss ends at the center of the key. Glue the key below the flower.
- For the inside: Glue scraps of lavender paper and vellum to the inside bottom edge. Ink the edges of the inside quote and secure a ivory mini Brad Buddy™ flower and folded ribbon length as shown.