Designer's Tip: Be sure to turn the stocking stencil over so the words are reversed when placing it on the platform of the die-cutting machine. When the red suede is placed face down over the stencil, the words will be embossed so they read correctly.
- Trim the card to a 5” square, then place it with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with green striped paper. Cover the bottom half of the card front with holly/swirls paper. Cut a 3/4" wide strip of metallic gold paper and glue across the seam of the two papers. Glue 1/8” wide green grosgrain ribbon along the top and bottom edges of the gold paper, trimming the ends even with the card. Ink the edges gold and let dry. Cut two 1/4" wide strips of red suede and glue across the top and bottom of the card front, just inside the inked edges.
- Use the “‘Tis the season” stocking stencil with red suede and the die-cutting/embossing machine to emboss the stocking. Trim around the edges of the stocking leaving a 1/16” embossed border. Paint over the embossed letters with gold Smooch and let dry. Now use the “Jingle Bell” stencil with metallic gold paper, then with red suede and the machine. Trim around the edges of the gold jingle bell evenly. Cut out the strip between the embossed top and bottom of the red suede jingle bell and glue it over the gold jingle bell.
- Cut a 1” length of 1/8” wide green grosgrain ribbon and make a loop. Zot the ends beneath the upper left corner of the stocking. Foam tape the stocking angled over the center of the card front. Foam tape the jingle bell over the upper left corner of the stocking. Tie a small green grosgrain bow and Zot near the jingle bell. Wrap 1 1/2" wide olive crepe ribbon around the fold of the card and tie a knot, trimming tails to 1 1/2".
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- ‘Tis The Season Stocking stencil (link)
- Jingle Bell stencil (link)
- Christmas Lace Paper Pack (link)
- Christmas Lace Ribbons (link)
- Specialty Metallic Gold paper (link)
- Red Suede (link)
- 5”x6 1/2" blank white card (link)
- Evolution Die-cutting/Embossing machine (link)
- Gold Lamé Smooch ink (link)
- Metallic Gold StāzOn® ink pad (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- Foam tape (link)