- Place the card fold at the top. Cut a 6 ½” x 1 ½” strip of lavender weave paper and glue next to the fold. Cover the remaining portion of the card with pink diamond paper.
- With the word border over the lavender strip, cut the overlay to the size of the card. Remove the overlay from the card and trace, with a sharp pencil, butterfly 1C onto the lower right on the overlay. Use the knife to cut out only the wings and pull them into an upright position by folding slightly.
- Cut a full butterfly from dark purple paper. Glue the body only under the body of the overlay butterfly and pull the wings up through the cut away portion of the overlay. Cut the wing details from pink dot paper and glue directly to the top of the overlay wings. Adhere 4 pink crystals between the overlay wings for the body.
- Lift up the overlay and draw antenna on the butterfly. Write on the tag and glue under the overlay to hang from the seam between the two papers. Glue the overlay to the card front around the edges. Glue crystals to antenna and to the “o’s” on the word border. Glue the rick rack to the overlay, over the seam between the 2 papers. Use the ribbon to tie a bow and glue to the overlay at the top of the tag.
- Inside the card: Cover the inside back with pink diamond paper. Cut a 3” x 6 ½” strip of lavender paper and glue over the pink. Cut a 3/8” x 6 ½” strip of pink dot paper and glue near the top of the lavender. Write, “You’re the best!” on the coordinating tag and glue to the left side. Top with white ribbon and cut out a 2B butterfly and glue to the lower right. Embellish with crystals and draw an antenna.