Designer's Tip: For a pretty touch, stamp the butterflies so they are overlapping the pink and purple papers on the inside sentiment. And fill the inside of the butterflies with pink Smooch® to make them look like they are in front of the sentiment. Chalking the edges of the die cut butterfly wings helps them pop with color, and adds more to their 3D effect.
- Place the Butterflies die cut card with the scalloped edge on the left, and facing down. Score the card 4” and 8 1/4” from the right edge. Fold the panels into the center. Chalk the die cut panel light pink, and chalk its edges pink. Pull the die cut butterlies forward. Chalk the butterfly wing edges pink. Tack glue the center of each butterfly and sprinkle lavendar and peony pink Flower Soft® on them randomly as shown. Trace the right half of a 5”x3” oval on pink flowers paper, and mat it on cardstock with 1/8” borders. Glue it on the left side of the card and trim the edges.
- Right Card Panel: Cover the right panel with purple flowers paper. Cut 4”x3/4” pink dot paper strip, and mat it on cardstock with 1/16” borders. Glue it 1/2” from the top. Stamp “Merci” with black ink on its right side. Stamp flower branch on the bottom left corner of the panel. Lightly smooch green apple over the stem and leaves. Tack glue the flowers and sprinkle pink Flower Soft® on them. Stamp “LOVE” on its right, 3/4” from the bottom.
- Inside: Cover the inside with the bottom left corner of butterfly stripe paper. Cut 2”x3 1/8” pink dot paper, and mat it on cardstock with 1/16” borders. Stamp flower memo on it, and lightly smooch green apple over the leaves. Tack glue the flower and sprinkle pink Flower Soft® on the peddles and lavendar in the center. Glue it on the bottom left corner. Cut 1 3/4”x1/2” pink dot paper, and stamp “You make me smile” in the center. Cut 2 1/2”x1 1/4” purple paper, and glue the sentiment in the center. Stamp a small butterfly on the top left corner, and a big butterfly on the bottom right corner. Smooch the inside of the butterflies with taffy pink. Trim the purple paper with 1/16” borders, and mat it on cardstock with 1/32” borders. Glue it in the card center, 1 1/2” from the top edge.
- Cut 8 1/4” of 3/4” dark pink crepe ribbon, and Zot™ it on the bottom edge of the card. Cut 8 1/4” of 3/4” pink sheer dotted ribbon, and Zot™ it on the crepe ribbon. Tie a bow on the left side of 1/8” burgandy grosgrain ribbon, and Zot™ the bow on the top edge of the sheer dotted ribbon, under the Flower Soft® flower of the memo. Cut the ribbon on the right edge of the card and Zot™ the ribbon end.
- Ribbon Closure: Wrap a long strip of 1/2” pink sheer swirl ribbon around the outside of the card and tie a double knot. Tie a bow and cut the ribbon ends to be 1” long.
Click to view large image