Designer's Tip: Leave the cutwork portion of your die-cut unglued when matting on paper so you can pull up the cutwork pieces for depth.
- Place your die-cut in front of you and use a sponge to lightly apply chalk ink, all over one side, using circular motions. Cut a 5”x12” red paper and a 5”x12” floral corner artwork paper. Glue together back to back. Glue blank side of the die-cut to red paper, keeping the floral artwork (on the other side) at lower non-die-cut edge (leave cutwork unglued). Trim to 1/8” border all around.
- Lay card open with the outside facing you and the cutwork at the top. Measuring from the lower edge, score 4 horizontal lines at 3 1/4”, 4”, 4 3/4”, and 8 3/4”. Mountain fold the lowest score, valley fold the next and mountain fold the rest. Turn over and fold into a purse shape, as shown. Cut two 1/2” slits along the top fold, 1/2” from edges, cutting through die cut only.
- Using VersaMark™, stamp “To:” on tan paper, dust with embossing powder, shake off excess and use the heat tool to set. Use the template to trace Squared Tag “B” around stamped text, cut out, ink the edges with ice jade and punch a hole at the top. Cut out a small floral downloaded tag and punch a hole at the top. Thread an 8” length of ribbon through tags and tuck ends into slots of die-cut, gluing in place. Use VersaMark™ to stamp “Just For You” and a small heart on tan paper and emboss. Trace Bracket Label “E” around text and cut out. Cut out the heart with a 1/16” border. Mat both on red with 1/16” borders, and foam tape to lower part of the “purse”, as shown. Place heart dazzles on cutwork and fold up each piece of cutwork for depth.
- For the inside: Use VersaMark™ to stamp a Large heart frame and “With Love” on tan paper and emboss. Cut out the heart with a 1/16” border. Mat both on red with a 1/8” border, mat on red with 1/16” border. Cut a 3 1/2” square of cardstock, sponge on ice jade ink and center the heart on cardstock, trimming to a 1/8” border. Foam tape to center of card over a 6” length of ribbon with “V” cut ends, as shown. Place a heart Dazzle near the text.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Flower Soft Hearts Multi Function Die Cuts (link)
- Vintage Roses Paper Pack (link)
- Vintage Roses Ribbon Set – 5/8” wide red crepe (link)
- Tiny Tags & Little Labels Template (link)
- Labels & Frames Stamp Set (link)
- Red Heart Jewel Dazzles (link)
- White Cardstock (link)
- VersaMark™ Stamp Pad (link)
- Ice Jade Chalk Ink Pad (link)
- Black Super Fine Embossing Powder (link)
- Acrylic Block (link)
- Heat Embossing Tool (link)
- Red Bone Folder/Scorer (link)
- 1/4” hole punch (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- cosmetic sponge