Designer's Tip: You could use a needle and thread to gather the top edge of both the lace and ribbon; however, I just finger pleated top edge of both pieces and used Zots™ to secure to the doll’s waist.
- Card front: Fold 11”x8 1/2” white cardstock with a 5” flap on the front. Cover the card front with black cardstock. Ink the edges of 4 3/4”x 7 3/4” Simply Susan aqua houndstooth paper and stamp the loopy line stamp, from Mixed Media Borders #2 Cling Rubber stamp set, on the top, bottom and left side. Glue to the card front.
- Mat 3”x4 3/4” Simply Susan black dot paper with white cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border and glue to the card center. Glue a length of 1/2” wide White Crochet Trim, 1/8” from the right card edge.
- Stamp the #7 Doll Stamp on Silky Papers and color the flesh with Spectrum Noir Pale Hues FS3 and FS2. Color the hair EB2 and TN2. Color the hair band, shirt and shoes with Purples LV2. Use the Blender Pen to make polka dots on the shirt by pressing the point of the pen onto the purple colored shirt, lifting off the color. Color the flowers on the shoes with Turquoises BT5. Cut out the doll image and apply Silver Stickles to the hair and blue roses on the shoes. Let dry and the glue doll to the card front. Pleat the top edge of a 3 1/2” length of 2” wide White Crochet Trim and Zot™ to the doll waist. Repeat with 3” of 1 1/2” wide Simply Susan purple crepe ribbon and Zot™ to the waist. Use 1/8” wide Simply Susan aqua grosgrain ribbon to make a bow and Zot™ to the waist as shown.
- Assemble Simply Susan 3-D Papier Tole flower with foam tape and glue to the lower left card corner. Foam tape a small purple butterfly at the top right.
- Inside: Stamp the “Just a sprinkle of fairy dust” Mixed Media Borders #2 Cling Rubber stamp set on the right side of the card, to appear when card is closed. Place dots of Silver Stickles to the greeting as shown. Let dry. Stamp the loopy border to left. Glue and foam tape “extra art” Simply Susan 3-D Papier Tole flower to the border and butterflies on the top left as shown.