Designer's Tip: Use more embossing paste, extra Dazzles™ or bits of ribbon to decorate the paper doll dresses any way you like.
- Card front: Place a card with the fold on your left. Chomp the corners of a 4 3/4”x6 1/4” Gypsy Jewels green/yellow stripe paper with the stripes running vertical and mat on Green Circles Holographic paper with 1/8” borders. Zot™ a length of 1/4” chartreuse glimmer ribbon, 1” from the top edge. Glue the piece onto your card front.
- Stamp “Just for you” in black on the upper right corner, and add Jewel Dazzles™. Stamp the loop border twice in black, starting 1” from the bottom edge of your card.
- Punch two holes in your card front, 1 1/2” from the top edge, and 2 1/4” from each side. Thread a 12” length of glimmer ribbon through the front of the holes and pull through to the inside of the card. Zot™ the ribbon in place on the card front, between the two holes. Thread a 12” length of the white dotted sheer ribbon through the back of the holes, and pull through to the front of the card. Zot™ the ribbon in place on the inside of the card, between the two holes.
- Use White StazOn™ to stamp the doll on a 6”x8” black cardstock. Tape the stencil over the dress area and use the squeegee to spread a thin layer of embossing paste across the stencil. Remove the stencil (wash or soak immediately) and let the embossed piece dry. Cut out around the stamped outline, close to the image. Remember to cut out the open area between the arm and the dress. Apply Silver Stickles to the headband, around the bodice, and as a necklace. Let dry. Thread the sheer ribbon through the armhole and tie a bow around the waist. Do not glue the doll to your card, as this will be a removable paper doll base.
- Card inside: Journal “A dress-up doll for a special girl!” on a 4”x4” Gypsy Jewels green/yellow stripe paper with the stripes running horizontal. Chomp the corners and mat on Green Circles Holographic paper with 1/16” borders. Stamp “Happy Birthday” in black below the journaling, and the top of the doll stamp on the left. Place Jewel Dazzles™ as shown and glue 3/8” from the top and side edges. Stamp the loop border in black 1” from the bottom edge of your card.
- Stamp the doll image in black on four or five different colors/patterns of the Gypsy Jewels papers. Cut out each of the dress portions of the stamped images. For each dress cutout, cut five 3/4”x1/4” strips of paper to match the cutout paper color. Glue five strips onto the back of each cutout, leaving 1/2” tabs sticking out on the sides of the dress, and on the bodice, as shown. Repeat for each dress cutout.
- Use Silver Stickles and Jewel Dazzles™ to decorate the dress cutouts. Let dry. Stack the dresses on top of each other, place over the exposed glimmer ribbon on the inside left card face and tie the ribbon around the bodices to secure.