Designer's Tip: Back Butterflies Dazzles™ on acetate to make beautiful fairy wings for your stamped and pieced doll image.
- Mat a 4 1/2”x7 1/4” Hammered Silver paper on Stolen Moments brown texture paper with 1/16” borders on the left and top edges, and a 3/4” border on the right side. Ink the edges Dark Brown. Place the label Dazzles™ and “Wish” on center, close to the right edge.
- Cut off the striped border from the Stolen Moments postmark paper, place the lace border artwork on your left and cut a 3 1/2”x7” piece. Tear off a 1/2” strip from the right side, ink the edges Dark Brown and glue even with the bottom edge, 1/4” from the left side of the silver paper. Place border Dazzles™ along the left edge of the border paper. Cut two Eternal Swirls and place one on the border edge, and one under the Dazzles™ label, as shown.
- Use VersaMark™ to stamp the doll on a 6”x8” Stolen Moments brown texture paper, dust with Dark Brown Bark embossing powder and use the heat gun to set. Glue the paper to white cardstock and cut out around the outline, close to the embossing. Remember to cut out the open area between the arm and the dress.
- Stamp and emboss the image again on Stolen Moments large ivory flourish paper, and once more on Stolen Moments tiny ivory flourish paper. Use the stylus to sponge Dark Brown and Toffee inks on these stamped images, to create shading on the dress, headband and hair, as shown. From the large flourish stamped image, cut out the skirt and hair and glue over the cardstock backed image. From the tiny flourish stamped image, cut out the dress bodice and hairband and glue in place on your stacked piece. Set aside.
- Place the large butterfly Dazzles™ on acetate and trim next to the Dazzles™ edge, then place matching pearl swirls on each wing. Zot™ the doll piece over the wings and foam tape the entire piece onto the prepared base, as shown. Cut out individual pearls and place them on the skirt, along the bodice, on the hairband, and as an earring and necklace. Place two more pearls on the label, as shown.
- Card front: Open a card and place face down on your cutting mat with the fold horizontal. Cut 1 1/2” from the right side. Score a line 2 1/2” from the bottom edge and mountain fold. Close your card and glue the doll base to the bottom half of your card front, on center.
- Card inside: Journal “Happiest of Birthdays!” on the lower left corner of a 5”x5” Stolen Moments postmark paper, ink the edges and glue on the bottom half of your open card Place corner Dazzles™ on the lower corners, and a gold swirl as shown. Back a small Dazzles™ butterfly on Hammered Silver paper and cut out close to the Dazzles™edge. Foam tape 1 1/4” from the right side, and 1” from the bottom edge. Place pearls on the butterfly body. Use this butterfly to prop your easel card front in place.