Enjoy Your Day Card
For the Card Front:
- Place the card with the fold at the top, then trim 5/8” off the bottom of the card front. Cover the front of the card with purple circles paper and ink the edges black. Cut out the two zigzag border overlays and glue one even with the top edge of the card front and the other along the bottom edge, trimming the excess overlay even with the edges of the card.
- Cover two jumbo slide mounts, one with aqua mesh paper and the other with lime squares paper, and ink the edges of each. Mat each slide mount on white cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/16” around the outside and inside edges of the slide mount, then ink the outer edges of the mats.
- Cut out the “Delight” and “Cake Ticket” overlays and staple them to the aqua slide mount, as shown. Cut out the “Enjoy your day and every day!” overlay and staple it to the lime slide mount. Glue the slide mounts to the card front at varying angles, placing the aqua slide mount over the left half of the card front and the lime slide mount over the right half.
For the Card Inside:
- Cut out the “Happy Birthday to You!” striped border overlay and glue it even with the bottom edge of the card inside (Hint: The border will also be visible when the card is closed since you trimmed 5/8” off the bottom of the card front in step 1).
- Cut two 2 1/8” squares, one out of aqua mesh paper and one out of lime squares paper, and ink the edges of each with black. Glue the lime square at an angle, centered on the inside of the card, then use a black pen to add zigzag penwork around the edges. Glue the aqua square at an angle over the left side of the card, slightly overlapping the lime square, and add faux stitching penwork around the edges of the aqua square.
- Cut out the purple circles tag and ink the edges. Cut out the blue “Happy” and “Birthday” word fragment overlays in one piece and secure the overlay across the tag with a staple in each end. Add one blue brad to the top of the tag, then use foam tape to secure the tag at an angle over the right side of the inside of the card.
A tip from Shauna: The fun look of stitching is so easy to create–no needle and thread required! I accented the front of this “Enjoy Your Day” card with clear overlay borders that come with faux zigzag stitching already printed on them. After that, I used a black pen to repeat the stitched look on the inside of the card with both zigzag and straight stitch penwork around two elements.
Questions? Email us!
This Page To A Friend
If you no longer wish to receive the Layouts With Pizazz newsletter,
please let us know by clicking
Click here to view past Layouts With Pizazz.
here for a printable copy (requires Adobe
© 2006 Hot Off the Press
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR 97013