By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: It’s easier to emboss onto the balloons if you trace them onto a larger piece of vellum, then emboss, then cut them out individually. I love that you can emboss on the back of the printed greetings and still see the words easily. The Perfect Printing Pouch is essential for embossing on vellum as it keeps the static at bay.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on your left. Cover with Unforgettable teal tile paper and ink the edges with Black Cherry. Ink the edges of 4 ½”x6 ½” pink tile paper and glue centered on your card.
- Use the Design Tool Kit to trace and cut out a Delightful Label from ivory/green texture paper, ink the edges, mat on teal floral paper with a 1/16” border, ink the edges and glue centered your card.
- Swipe 5 ½”x1 ¾” pink vellum with the printing pouch and stamp small swirls onto the bottom edges and sides with VersaMark™. Dust with embossing powder and set with the heat gun. Place on the bottom of your card with EZ Dots.
- Trace eleven balloons onto different colors of plain vellum, stamp and emboss small swirls onto the bases of each, then cut out each balloon along the traced lines. Save one balloon for the inside. Place in a cluster at the top of the label with EZ Dots and foam squares. Zot™ on a cluster of pink/white twine below the balloons and a double bow of twine at the balloon base.
- Cut the “Celebrate” greeting vellum to 3 ½”x5/8” with a “v” at the right end. Stamp and emboss swirls on the back, ink the edges, mat on plain vellum with a 1/16” border and foam tape on the left of the pink vellum, as shown. Place Jewel Dazzles™ around the balloon cluster as shown.
- Card inside: Foam tape the saved balloon at the upper right corner. Zot™ on a twine tail and bow, as shown.
- Cut the “Happy Birthday” greeting vellum to 3 ½”x5/8” with a “v” at the left end. Stamp and emboss swirls on the back, ink the edges, mat on plain vellum with a 1/16” border and foam tape on the right side at an angle, as shown. Trim even with the card edge. Place Jewel Dazzles™ around the balloon, as shown.