Birthday Pizza Box & Card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer's Tip: The Liquid Pearls add dimension and a pretty pearly sheen to the project. I love the trendy tapes, they're so easy to use and come in so many cute prints and patterns!
- Sara's Surfaces Pizza Boxes
- 20 Beauty Labels
- Confetti Cake Satin Ribbon Set
- Birthday Greetings Stamp Set
- Flip Flop Fasteners™
- Magic Argyle Trendy Tape, Girl Argyle Trendy Tape, Summer Argyle Trendy Tape, Boy Argyle Trendy Tape, Queen Argyle Trendy Tape
- Gold Liquid Pearls, Flamingo Liquid Pearls, Peacock, Avocado Liquid Pearls, Avocado Liquid Pearls, Dark Chocolate Liquid Pearls
- StazOn Ink Pad, Timber Brown
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- All 4 Acrylic Blocks
- Dark Brown Bark Embossing Powder
- Heat Gun
- Yellow and pink tissue paper
- Small Zots™
- Label 1- "Post Card" label with brown frame: Stamp "For Someone Special" on the lined side of the postcard on the label with Timber Brown StazOn®. Apply tiny dots of Peacock Liquid Pearls around the teal border. Add small Avocado and Flamingo accents to leaves and butterflies.
- Label 2- ivory/teal/pink label with white flower: Stamp "Happy Birthday to You" in the center with VersaMark. Pour brown embossing powder on the greeting and shake off excess. Emboss with a heat gun. Add Gold Pearl, Dark Chocolate, and Flamingo accents to the greeting, flower center, and butterfly.
- Label 3- ivory/pink/green dot label: Stamp "Make a Wish!" in the center with Timber Brown StazOn®. Apply a thin line and dots with Flamingo Liquid Pearls underneath each line of the greeting. Apply Avocado Liquid Pearls to the polka dots and in the centers of the flowers in the decorative frame.
- Label 4- ivory/green butterfly label: Stamp the "smiles" greeting in the center of the label with VersaMark and emboss with brown embossing powder. Apply tiny dots of Peacock Liquid Pearls around the outer edge of the label. Apply dots of Dark Chocolate Liquid Pearls around the brown border. Accent the butterflies with Flamingo, Dark Chocolate, and Peacock.
- Label 5- pink rose label: Place the label with the flower on the left. Stamp the "friends" greeting in the center with VersaMark ink and emboss with brown embossing powder. Apply a dashed line of Flamingo Liquid Pearls around the pink oval border. Apply dots of Avocado Liquid Pearls in between the dashes. Let dry.
- Pizza Box: Fold and assemble the pizza box. Place 3" of black/red argyle tape across each of the 4 corners on the front of the pizza box, wrapping the ends around the sides of the lid flaps and the back of the box. Trim the ends to fit. Repeat this process with 4" pink/green strips, 5 1/2" yellow/blue strips, and 7" blue/green strips, getting closer to the center of the box as you go. At the end you should have a small white diamond space in the center.
- Pizza Box Label- large ivory/brown label with white/blue flowers: Stamp "Happy Birthday to you" in VersaMark ink in the center of the label and emboss with brown embossing powder. Apply a thin line of Avocado Liquid Pearls along the green frame on the label. Apply Gold Pearl Liquid Pearls on the gold buttons and over the yellow parts of the flowers. Apply Dark Chocolate Liquid Pearls to the flower centers. Apply Flamingo Liquid Pearls around the pink border. Let dry. Glue to the center of the pizza box. Tie a pink satin bow and attach to the top of the label with Zots adhesive dots.
- Assembling the accordion- Place Labels 1-5 in a column on your workspace with 1 at the top and 5 at the bottom. Flip them over to the white side, keeping them in the same order so that the bottom of Label 1 connects to the top of Label 2, the bottom of Label 2 connects to the top of Label 3, etc. Place 1 small Flip Flop Fastener at the center of where each of the labels meet, creating a hinge on which to accordion-fold your labels. Flip the labels over to the right side and accordion fold the labels along the clear "hinges," starting with a mountain fold between Labels 1 and 2. Once your accordion is folded, cut some pink and yellow tissue paper and place it inside your pizza box. Place the accordion inside the tissue and close the box.