By Ann Barba
Designer's Tip: Use the tag and label shapes vertically to look like ornaments. Decorate with strips of gold Dazzles material to add some strings and bling!
- Place your card with the fold on the left. Glue 4 7/8"x6 3/8" of Christmas Lace blue dot centered on the card. Glue 4 7/8"x1 1/4" of Christmas Lace horizontal green stripe across the bottom of the blue piece.
- Cut a 1/16" wide strip of gold material off the edge of the gold Dazzles sheet and place across the top of the green stripe piece. Trace and cut Bracket Label F out of white cardstock and place "Blessings" in the center. Trace and cut out Bracket Label A from Christmas Lace burgundy dot and ink edges using Dark Brown ink and a cosmetic sponge. Mat on white cardstock with a 1/16" border. Glue the greeting to the center of the label and glue to card 3/8" from the right and 5/8" from the bottom. Fold a short piece of burgundy sheer swirl ribbon and tuck it under the top left corner of the label, securing with Zots adhesive dots.
- Trace and cut out Rounded Label A, Rounded Label F, and Rounded Label E from the Christmas Lace striped lace paper, making sure the stripes are horizontal and the labels are vertical. Ink the edges brown and mat on white, leaving a 1/16" border. Decorate the ornaments by cutting thin strips of gold Dazzles material and placing them across the ornaments as shown. Add a few tiny stars to the long ornament.
- Foam tape the longest ornament 1/2" from the left and 2" from the top. Foam tape the second largest ornament 1 3/4" from the left and 1/2" from the top. Foam tape the smallest ornament 1/2" from the right and 2 1/2" from the bottom. Add thin gold strips above the ornaments to "hang" them from the top. Add a small knot of ribbon to the top of each ornament, attaching with Zots adhesive dots.
- For the inside: Glue 4 7/8"x6 3/8" of burgundy dot centered on the inside. Glue 4 7/8"x1" of green horizontal stripe along the top and bottom of the burgundy. Cut out Rounded Tag A and Rounded Tag B from the Christmas Lace allover lace poinsettia paper, centering the tags on the poinsettias in the design. Ink edges and mat on white, leaving a 1/16"border. Glue the larger tag 1/2" from the left and 1 3/4" from the top. Glue the smaller tag 2" from the left and 1 1/4" from the top. Add thin gold strips to "hang" the ornaments from the top. Add a tiny gold star to the top of each ornament.
- Cut Rounded Label A from white cardstock and place "simple joys" in the center. Cut Rounded Label B from blue dot and mat on white cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Glue the greeting label to the center of the blue label. Glue to card 1/4" from the right and 1 1/2" from the bottom. Add tiny gold swirls to the sides from the Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles.