By LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: A little VersaMark™ Watermark Stamp Pad dragged over the edges of the stamped rectangle will make it easier to keep the Encrusted Jewel powder in place when heating the edges.
- Stamp the Poinsettia Stamp twice on the kraft cardstock. Cut one image to 3 5/8”x4¾” and use stylus and pad to apply Wild Honey Distress Ink intermittently around the image to add sports of color.
- From the second stamped image, cut out the largest poinsettia flower.
- Color the cut out image and uncut largest poinsettia image and the one it overlaps with red 126 watercolor pencil and the leaves with green 168. Also from the green set, use gold 250 to highlight the leaves and petal tips. Use the paintbrush included with the watercolor pencils to blend colors with a small amount of water. Let dry.
- Apply Crystal Lacquer to the petals and let dry. Place a small amount of the Encrusted Jewels snow on the center of each poinsettia on the rectangle image, brushing into a neat pile. Heat from underneath the cardstock to melt the powder. Repeat for the cut out image. Use VersaMark™ Watermark Stamp Pad around the edges of the rectangle and sprinkle with snow. The VersaMark™ will help hold the powder in place as you heat the edges
- Foam tape the cut-out image to the image on the rectangle. Place the card with the fold on the top and cut to 3¾”x5” and glue the rectangle to the center. Place Black Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™ “Blessings” at the bottom right corner.