Butterfly Birthday Card
By Talia Sanderson
Designer's Tip: Cut out sections of the journaling notes to add sparkle and shape to card and scrapbooking projects.
- Trim your card to 5"x5". Trim 1/2" off the bottom of the card front ONLY. With the fold at the top, cover your card with Sunshine and Shadows yellow patterned paper. Using the glittered scalloped Classic Journaling Note, glue to the card with straight edge down and the top and left edges against the card edge. Trim the excess from the right card edge.
- Trim the glittered lace pattern on the inside of the label shaped Classic Journaling Note. Glue to the bottom card edge, lining up the bottom of the lace with the bottom edge of the cards back.
- Zot Steampunk black ribbon vertically across your card 1/2" down from the glittered scalloped Classic Journaling Note. Tie a bow with the same ribbon and Zot on the left edge of your vertically Zotted ribbon.
- Punch a 2 7/8" Scallop in Sunshine and Shadows black patterned paper and foam tape 1/4" from the right card edge as shown. Punch a butterfly on Classic Journaling Notes grey swirl paper and Zot to the scallop center.
- Using the Artful Collection stamp "Important!" on Classic Journaling Notes grey paper. Cut out and foam tape to the left of the scalloped circle.
- Inside: Cover the bottom 2 1/2" with Sunshine and Shadows black patterned paper. Cut the 3/4" border of the Classic Journaling Notes square glitter paper and glue above the Sunshine and Shadows paper.
- Punch a butterfly on Classic Journaling Notes grey swirl paper, ink the edges black and Zot right of center on the Notes border.
- Using the Artful Collection and black ink, stamp "Happy Birthday!" on Classic Journaling Notes grey paper. Cut out, ink the edges black, roll the right end of the sentiment, and foam tape to the right of the butterfly.