Cherish Every Moment
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: I used the center of a square lace doily as a photo mat, and added pretty die-cuts and paper tole foil embellishments to balance the space beautifully.
- Place the Unforgettable Flowers/Butterflies corner paper so the large decorative corner is on the bottom left. Trim 1 lace corner from a square paper doily, cutting in a straight line about 3 1/8” toward the inside, from one of the 4 points. You will still have the center white square with thin border remaining on the large piece. Set the small corner aside for another project. Mat the remaining large piece of the doily on Unforgettable purple textured paper, leaving 1/16” borders. Glue centered on the page with the flat edge 1 5/8” from the top.
- Mat a 4” square photo on Unforgettable purple textured paper with 1/16” borders. Mat again on Unforgettable blue botanicals paper with 1/4" borders. Ink the edges with Plumeria ink. Glue centered on the center white square on the doily. Mat the 4 1/4"x2 3/4" photo on Unforgettable purple textured paper with 1/16” borders. Mat on Unforgettable blue botanicals paper with 1/8” borders. Ink the edges. Cut a 5/8” wide Unforgettable striped paper and ink the edges. Glue even with the left side of the matted photo. Trim edges evenly with the mat. Glue on the page, 2” from the right side and 1/2" from the bottom.
- Pop out the following Unforgettable Die-cuts: “Cherish Every Moment” banner, large butterfly, and large purple swirl. Foam tape the banner across the doily below the square photo. Lightly fold the wings of the butterfly together and foam tape the body on the right side of the doily as shown. Place the purple swirl on the upper left side of the page and glue the top portion only, 3/4" from the top.
- Pop out the blue/purple circular Foil Paper Tole embellishment pieces. Write or computer print journaling on the right side of the large base image. Layer and foam tape the remaining pieces together by number and glue on the right side of the page, overlapping the banner and bottom photo. Pop out the “Happiness” Foil Paper Tole embellishment pieces and layer together with foam tape. Glue on the left side of the page, tucking the upper left corner beneath the bottom swirl of the purple swirl die-cut. Foam tape the swirl in place as shown.
- Write or computer print year on Unforgettable ivory textured paper and trim into a small rectangle. Mat on Unforgettable purple textured paper with 1/16” borders. Mat again on Unforgettable blue botanicals paper with 1/8” borders. Ink the edges and foam tape overlapping the left edge of the bottom photo mat as shown. Use 3/4" wide green crepe ribbon to tie a bow. Trim the ends into a “V” and Zot™ near the top of the page. Add mixed blossoms near the upper right corner of the square photo as shown.