Looking forward to planning those Christmas card classes? Heres one idea: Start with our Christmas 8x8 Paper Pack, then add adorable focals from Christmas #1 Brad Dress-Ups and Christmas #2 Brad Dress-Ups
Make the most of your inventoryand inspire studentsby breaking up one or two paper packs and giving each student a different set of paper from the pack. In this months article, we show two different card designs, both featuring Brad Duddies as a quick and easy focal point. Theyre perfect for Cards in a Flash classes or workshops for the busy or beginning cardmaker.
Design Tip: Dont want brad legs showing on the inside of the card? Simply line the card with a coordinating paper.
- Cover the card front with background paper. Use the included template to cut a banner from a corresponding paper. Ink the edges and glue to the card front.
- Cut a 2 square of ivory cardstock. Ink the edges and glue to the card front, then attach the Brad Buddies to the center of the square.
1) Cover the card front with background paper:
a. Brown stripes (with stripes running horizontally)
b. Green stitched stripes (with stripes running vertically)
c. Burgundy stitched stripes (with stripes running vertically)
2) Glue a coordinating paper on top, leaving about 1/2 of the border paper showing. Trim off excess paper and ink the edges of the card.
3) Cut a 2 square of ivory cardstock. Ink the edges and mat onto coordinating paper. Glue to the card front, then attach the Dress-Up to the center of the square
About the supplies we used:
Brad Dress-Ups: Brad Dress-Ups are the cutest innovation in brads! Each themed package contains 2 each of 3 sturdy lightweight metal shapes plus brads to attach them to your project. They make perfect borders on scrapbook pages; theyre also great for embellishing a photo, a tag or journaling. Cardmakers can add them to the front of a card as a focal point or as a surprise on the inside of the card. Theyre irresistible! Retail $2.99 each.
Christmas 8x8 Paper Pack: Not just for mini albums, the Christmas 8x8 Paper Pack includes 38 patterned papers like colorblocked designs, all-over patterns, bordered designs and more, in color families ranging from traditional red and green to contemporary blue, classic gold and rich burgundy. Also included are alphabet tiles and borders, tags and art icons. Retail $8.99 each.