|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Get creative with Bo Bunny's Purse Book!
About the Layouts
Technique: Christmas Layouts
Designers: LeNae Gerig & Susan Cobb
Got a stockpile of photos from this year's Christmas season? Get your holiday pages done quickly and easily with LeNae and Susan's festive Christmas layout ideas.
By LeNae Gerig
For the Left Page:
- Mat the long edges of a 3"x12" strip of tan gingham paper on striped paper (stripes running horizontally) and trim to 1/4". Use the template to trace zigzag stitching overlapping the seams between the gingham and striped papers. Glue the matted strip 5/8" from the left edge of a sheet of holly paper.
- Mat two vertical photos on red cardstock, trim each mat to 3/16" and ink the edges. Mat the photos side-by-side on green gingham paper with 3/16" of space between. Trim the mat to 3/16" and ink the edges. Glue the photos centered, 1" from the right side of the page.
- Use the template to add three cross-stitches overlapping each edge of the green photo mat. Attach a holly mini Brad Buddy to each corner of the photo mat using red brads. Foam tape the stockings and Santa Claus punch-outs to the left edge of the left photo.
- Attach the Merry Christmas label punch-out above the photos with a silver mini brad in each end.
- Computer journal a horizontal block on white cardstock and ink the edges. Glue the journaling below the photos and use the template to add cross-stitches to the left and right edges.
For the Right Page:
- Mat the long edges of a 12"x8 3/4" piece of tan gingham paper on striped paper (stripes running vertically) and trim to 1/4". Use the template to add zigzag stitching overlapping the seams between the gingham and striped papers. Glue the papers across the center of a sheet of holly paper.
- Glue a 5 1/2"x7 3/4" piece of striped paper (stripes running horizontally) to the right side of the tan gingham paper.
- Mat a 7"x5" photo on red gingham paper, trim to 1/4" and ink the edges. Glue the photo centered, 1 1/2" from the left side of the page. Use the template to add three cross-stitches overlapping each edge of the photo mat.
- Computer journal onto white cardstock, crop to two strips and ink the edges. Glue the strips staggered below the photo and add cross-stitches to the left and right edges.
- Attach a bracket punch-out to the left of the photo with two red mini brads. Add the reindeer Brad Buddy to the right of the photo. Fold two 1" lengths of white ribbon in half and secure the loose ends behind the top of the Christmas tree and Santa Claus punch-outs. Foam tape the Christmas tree and Santa punch-outs with the wonder and magic punch-outs down the right side of the page. Attach the Christmas Blessings label punch-out to the bottom edge of the gingham paper with a red mini brad in each end.
Bergman Family Christmas
By Susan Cobb
- Place the tan paper with the word in the bottom right. Mat a 4 3/4"x4" photo on red mesh paper and trim to 1/8". Double-mat a 4 1/4"x2 3/4" photo on white cardstock, then red mesh paper, trimming the white mat to 1/16" and the red mat to 1/8". Mat both photos, one above the other, on a 6 1/2"x9" piece of green suede paper, leaving 1 1/4" of space between.
- Glue a 1/4"-wide strip of red suede paper across the space between the photos. Glue the green suede paper in the top left corner of the background. Add a red brad to each corner of the green suede, and add a green mini brad to each end of the red suede strip. Foam tape tile cut-outs across the red strip.
- Write the page title down to the left of the green suede paper. Write the date below the green suede.
- Fold a 1/2"x2" strip of green suede paper in half. Attach the loose ends behind the top of the December 25 tag with a green mini brad. Glue the tag in the bottom left corner of the page.
- Computer journal a vertical block on white cardstock. Mat the journaling on red suede paper and trim to 1/8". Fold a 1/2"x2" strip of green suede paper in half. Glue the loose ends behind the top of the journaling mat, then glue the journaling in the top right corner of the page.