|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Fun and original projects with the leaf punches and savings too!
About the Project
Technique: Working with Finished in a Flash™
Designer: Susan Cobb
I computer printed the letter to Santa using a cute font, but you could also have your child write an extra letter, or make a copy of your child's letter (before it is sent off to Santa) and use that on your page. Sand the holly mini Brad Buddies, the reindeer, and the red bow brad to show texture.
By Susan Cobb
- Mat a 5"x7" photo on green textured paper, leaving a 1/8" border. Mat on tan textured paper, leaving a 1/4" border. Mat again on white cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Ink the edges of each mat. Glue to the left side of the background paper beneath the word "Christmas".
- Computer print (or have your child write it by hand) a letter to Santa on white cardstock, trim and ink the edges. Mat on red, leaving a 1/4" border. Ink the edges and glue it to the right side of the page. Sand the holly mini Brad Buddies, and then attach them to the corners of the letter as shown. Sand the reindeer and attach it overlapping the top of the letter. Glue the "Santa" art punch-out overlapping the bottom.
- Journal on the tan label punch-out and attach near the bottom of the page beneath the letter with red mini brads. Zot a bow to the bottom of the matted photo. Glue "wonder" and "magic" over the left side of the photo as shown.
- Mat a 5"x"7 horizontal photo onto green, tan, then white, inking edges of each mat. Wrap the left side of the photo with green ribbon and tie in a knot. Open the prongs of a silver star brad, then placing the star on top of the ribbon knot, bend the prongs around the back of the knot. Secure to the photo with a Zot if needed. Glue to upper left side of background paper with the stripes and swirls border at the bottom.
- Mat a 4"x2 1/2" photo onto tan paper, then white cardstock, and ink the edges. Sand a holly mini Brad Buddy and attach it to the lower right corner of the photo, then glue the photo beneath the large photo as shown.
- Journal on white cardstock, trim, then ink the edges. Mat on red paper, then ink the edges. Add a folded ribbon tab to a Christmas tree rectangle punch-out. Arrange punch-outs and journaling block on the page as shown. Sand the red bow brad and add the "Joy" Brad Buddy over the red tag as shown.