|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Project
Technique: Working with the Tapestry Collection
Designer: LeNae Gerig
Our collection of Tapestry Papers includes this wonderful pastel set that I really enjoyed mixing between the two pages. While both layouts are very different, the pages have the common element of color and shared papers.
By LeNae Gerig
- Mat a 4x6 and 5x7 photo with green paper, leaving a 1/8 wide mat on the 4"x6" photo. Extend the mat on the 5x7 photo to 5/8 longer on the bottom and glue a 1/2 wide strip of striped paper at the center. Arrange the photos on the pink floral paper as shown.
- Journal and print onto green cardstock then trace a 3 circle around the journaling from the template and ink the edges brown. Arrange the circle near the bottom of the page among hearts, a circle and flower punch-outs. Attach the small flower and circle with foam tape, as shown. Layer the flower punch out with a small blue flower secure with a brad.
- Embellish the photos with scroll punch-outs. Tie a small piece of the blue organdy ribbon on one swirl punch-out, and attach the two heart punch-outs with ribbon overlapping the other swirl, as shown. Attach the "beautiful" file tab to the top of the 5"x7" photo.
- Cut the striped paper to 8 1/4x12 and ink the long edges. Glue to the center of the sage green patterned paper.
- Mat a 5x7 photo with green and the two 4x6 photos with pink cardstock, leaving a 1/8 wide border. Glue the small photos to each side of the page and the large photo at the center, overlapping the inner edges of the smaller photos. Adhere the you & me sticker to the lower left corner of the large photo.
- Sand the centers and outer edges of the burgundy punched border. Glue lengths of border at the top and bottom of the large photo, as shown. Layer pink flowers with a blue punched flower and secure to the top right of the large photo with a brad. Foam tape and glue the flower circle and pink punched flower to the top of the page, as shown.