|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Get tips and tricks for decorating adorable chipboard houses!
About the Projects
Technique: Fall Card Making
Designers: Shauna Berglund-Immel
Halloween is on its way. Send a spooky sentiment to friends and family with Shauna's creative card! With 6 Brad Buddies™ and 12 bat-shaped brads per pack, you'll have enough supplies to create 6 Halloween greetings using this very same card layout.
For the Card Front:
- Place the card with the fold at the top and trim 3/4" off the bottom edge of the card front. Cover the remaining card front with aqua textured paper and ink the edges.
- Place a slide mount in the top right corner of the card front and trace the inside window lightly with a pencil. Open the card and place the card front on a cutting mat . Use a craft knife to cut along the traced lines. Cover the slide mount with lime textured paper, ink the edges and add penwork. Add a bat brad to the left and right edges, then glue the slide mount over the cut window.
- Cut out alphabet tiles to spell "Halloween". Place the "o" centered along the bottom of the card front and trace around the edges with a pencil. Place the card front on a cutting mat and cut along the traced lines. Set the "o" aside and attach the rest of the word across the bottom of the card front, alternating between glue and foam tape for attaching.
- Computer journal "Happy" on white cardstock and ink the edges. Glue it even with the left edge of the card front, just above "Halloween", and Zot™ a bow of light yellow ribbon above.
For the Card Inside:
- Cover the card inside with yellow textured paper. Ink the edges of a 1"-wide strip of brown striped paper (stripes running vertically) and glue it even with the bottom edge. Ink the edges of the card inside and draw zigzag penwork over the seam between the two papers.
- Recall the "o" alphabet tile and cut out additional tiles to spell "boo". Glue the tiles across the bottom of the card inside, positioning the first "o" so it's centered in the small window when the card is closed. Computer journal "to you!" on white cardstock, ink the edges and glue to the right of "boo".
- Use a black pen to accent the faces on three ghost brads. Use the brads to attach the haunted house Brad Buddy™ so it's centered in the large window when the card is closed. Add grass penwork to the left and right of the house. Punch a 3/4" circle of deep orange textured paper, ink the edges and glue tucked behind the top right corner of the house.
Thanks a Bunch!
Fall is a time to express thanks...and there's no better way than with Shauna's sleek design, complete with rich autumn colors and a gracious sentiment!
For the Card Front:
- Place the card with the fold at the top and trim 3/4" off the bottom edge of the card front. Cover the remaining card front with gold leaf border paper, placing the border against the left edge. Ink the edges of the card front. Glue the black scallop border overlay against the bottom edge of the card front, trimming the excess even with the card edges.
- Place the card front on a cutting mat and use a craft knife to cut a 2 1/8"x1 1/2" window in the upper right corner. Ink the edges of the window: Dab a cotton swab in black ink, then use it to apply ink to the inside edges of the window.
- Cut a 2 1/2"x2" piece of yellow textured paper, then place it on a cutting mat and cut a 2"x1 3/8" window in the center. Ink the edges of the window and glue the "thanks a bunch!" overlay behind the paper. Glue the paper and overlay behind the window in the card front. Zot™ a bow of aqua grosgrain ribbon below the window.
For the Card Inside:
- Cover the card inside with aqua textured paper. Glue the leaf border overlay even with the bottom edge, trimming any excess even with the card edges.
- Add an orange mini brad to the top of a blank brown tag, then glue the tag to the left side of the card inside. Glue the "thanks" and "gratitude" overlays to the tag.