Father’s Day Layout
By Erica Hettwer
Designer’s Tip: Use the innies from your Jewel Border Dazzles to accent your argyle Dazzles.
- Draw a line around your tan 12”x12” cardstock background 1/4” from the edge with your black pen.
- Glue an 11 1/4”x8 1/2" brown Espresso Artful Card Kit paper to the right edge of the layout 1 1/4" from the bottom edge. Place the argyle border Dazzle in the center of the brown paper 1/4” from the right edge. Place innies from Jewel Border Dazzles on the argyles.
- Glue an 8 1/2”x10 1/2” light tan and white Espresso ACK paper 5/8” from the bottom edge and 3/4" from the right edge. Glue scroll die cut on the bottom left corner of the light tan/white paper as shown. Zot a die cut border to the right edge of the light tan/white paper only on the top and bottom ends.
- Glue a 5”x7” photo to the page 3 7/8” from the left edge and 3 1/8” from the top edge, tucking the right edge underneath the die cut border strip. Tuck 4”x2 1/2” brown die cut label underneath the top edge of the photo and underneath the border strip as well. Glue in place.
- Foam tape the ticket die cut to the page 1 1/8” from the right edge and 1 1/4” from the top edge. Place an argyle Dazzle in the lower right corner of the ticket as shown and place an innie from the Jewel Border Dazzles on top. Foam tape a 3/4” star die cut on the upper left corner of the ticket.
- Foam tape the 5”x 3 5/8” label to the layout 3/8” from the top edge and 1/2” from the right edge. Place the “Father’s” Dazzle on the center of the die cut and accent with a Jewel Border Dazzle innie. Place “Day” Dazzle on the center of a 2”x7/8” label and foam tape to the lower right of the large label die cut.
- Place a 5 1/2” scalloped border Dazzle along the top of the photo tucking the right end under the border die cut and the left end underneath the title die cut. Place a 3 1/4” scalloped border Dazzle along the bottom of the photo starting at the left edge. Place an argyle Dazzle on the end and accent with a Border Jewel Dazzle innie.
- Punch out the rectangular label that’s about 4 1/4”x 2 3/8”. Punch the inner portion out and Zot 2” Espresso Ribbons around it vertically. Start with the lightest color and work toward the center using darker ribbons as you go. Then reverse the process towards the other end. Cover the last bit with the second lightest color. Foam tape to the layout 7/8” from the right edge and 2 1/4” from the bottom edge. Foam tape the outer portion around the ribbon covered inner portion.
- Foam tape a 1 1/8”x2 3/4” label die cut to the right edge of the ribbon accented die cut. Place the large argyle Dazzle on the center and accent with two border Dazzle innies. Glue the 2 3/4”x1 1/2” label 1 1/4” from the bottom edge and 8 7/8” from the left edge tucking the right end underneath the border die cut and the top underneath the foam taped label.
- Computer print or write your journaling on 1/2” strips of white cardstock and Zot the first line to the ribbons tucking the right end under the vertical label. Glue the remaining strips below the die cut as shown.