Feathered Friends Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Place an extra artwork bird “inside” the Papier Tole cage for a fun look.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Mat a 4 7/8”x6 3/8” Fancy Feathers green layered feathers paper on black cardstock with a 1/16” border and glue on your card front. Mat a 4”x6” Fancy Feathers pink layered feathers paper on black cardstock with a 1/16” border and glue on your card center. Zot™ a length of crepe 1/2” from the bottom, tucking the ends behind the cardstock. Tie a large bow on the left, trimming the ends in a “v”.
- Pop out the Papier Tole pieces for the yellow label, ink edges black and foam tape in order. Pop out the pieces for the bird cage and two pink extra artwork birds. Ink the edges black and foam tape #2 onto #1. Zot™ the right facing bird on the center of the cage. Foam tape the pieces in numbered order and foam tape the other bird on the cage edge, as shown. Foam tape the cage over the label with the feathered edge of the label on the upper left. Foam tape onto your card.
- Place “Feathered Friends” Dazzles™ above and a scroll Dazzles™ on the ribbon. Lightly sand two metal feathers and Zot™ on as shown. Zot™ on a bow over the metal feathers.
- Card inside: Mat a 4”x3” Fancy Feathers green layered feathers paper on black with a 1/16” border and glue on your card center.
- Stamp “We’ll be FRIENDS forever” on a 2”x1 3/4” white cardstock, mat on black cardstock with a 1/16” border and foam tape on center. Place two small feathers Dazzles™ below, ink the edges of an extra artwork feather and bird and foam tape in place, as shown.