|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Cute coin envelopes are great for giftssee new ideas, and save money too!
About the Projects
Technique: Finished in Flash kits
Designers: Susan Cobb & Laura Nicholas
The new Finished in a Flash kits make your scrapboooking a cinch! Whether youre scrapbooking your little fairy, or designing a Sara's Surfaces album to showcase the events of the past year, youre sure to love the ease and convenience of having all your papers and embellishments in one place.
By Susan Cobb
- Mat two photos on yellow cardstock, then mat them both onto one piece of aqua cardstock, leaving space between the photos. Mat again on white cardstock and use a white pen to draw lines and squiggles to frame each photo.
- Glue ribbon across the space between the photos, securing the ribbon to the back of the photo mat with tape. Attach brads at either end and foam-tape the "Pixie Pals" punch-out in the center. Glue the corners of the oversize mat to the right side of the background paper with the swirls and butterflies border.
- Attach the Tinkerbell punch-out to the left side of the mat, tucking her feet beneath the mat and with her left hand overlapping the mat. Add journaled pieces, a butterfly tag attached with a mini brad and the star brad as shown.
- Mat a large photo on yellow paper, then glue to the top of a 8 1/2"x 10 1/4" aqua rectangle, leaving 2" of space on the left side. Write or computer journal on white paper, then mat it on yellow paper. Glue journaling on the bottom center of the aqua mat, and mat the whole piece on white paper.
- Use a white pen to draw lines and squiggles on the mat around the photo and journaling block. Glue a ribbon across the mat in between the two, securing the ends to the back of the mat with clear tape. Use foam tape to add fairy punch-outs to the ribbon, and then add mini brads to the left side of the ribbon.
- Glue the mat to the swirls and butterflies background paper, just to the right of the center. Attach a silver Tinkerbell brad to the lavender tag, and add a smaller tag to the top with a mini brad. Attach tags and the "all about the glow" punch-out to the left side of the photo. Glue a small piece of knotted ribbon next to the photo.
Cherish Family Moments Together
By Laura Nicholas
- Remove posts from the album and ink the back, spine and 1 around the edge of the cover. Add posts and pages back in when the ink is dry.
- Mat a family photo with dark brown paper and ink the edges. Cut a 3" x 11 strip of tan paper and ink the edges. Cut a piece of plaid paper 1/4" smaller than the album cover, mat on dark brown paper and ink the edges. Layer the papers and photo as shown and adhere together.
- Add mini brads to the right bracket punch-out and attach with foam tape, framing the photo on the right side. Zot a bow to the other bracket punch-out and foam-tape on the far left side of the tan strip.
- Add Brad Buddies and punch-outs to create a title for the album. Attach them on the tan strip to the left of the photo. Layer heart punch-outs and attach with the "love" mini Brad Buddy below the title.
- Print your family name and year on tan paper. Cut out the center of a blue label with an X-acto knife, and ink the edges. Adhere the journaling behind the label, add mini brads to each side and attach below photo with foam tape. Adhere the entire finished piece to the album.