|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||New Basket templates are so cute! Use them for gift boxes or party favors. Check them out and savings too!
First Day of School
By Laura Nicholas
Laura's Designer Tip: Create a collage by mixing tags, pockets, and journaling. Lightly sand the Brad Buddies to highlight the embossed details.
- Cut the notebook paper to 4 1/2" and glue to the left edge of the doodled paper. Attach the ruler border strip over the seams of the papers.
- Mat a photo with black paper and glue to a large red mat trimmed to 6"x8". Sand the edges of the mat and add pen work. Foam tape the photo mat to the background paper.
- Trim a tag from the template using the red paper. Sand the edges and mat with black paper. Add pen work and the sanded pencil Brad Buddy to the tag and tuck the tag into the pocket. Add the sanded School Brad Buddy to the outside of the pocket. Ink the edges of the pocket and glue to the bottom of the layout.
- Print journaling onto ivory cardstock and trim into strips. Ink the edges and mat with black paper. Add pen work and glue to the background page. Add the large schoolhouse tag and A+ Brad Buddy mixed with cut out art pieces and foam tape around the journaling under the photo.
- Ink the edges of the title strip and foam tape above the photo.
- Ink the edges of the background page.