Foil Christmas Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: If you dry the inked Shimmer Sheetz with a heat gun, be very careful not to overheat and warp the mylar.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on your left and cut ½” from the top edge to make a 5”x6” card. Cover with black suede paper.
- Follow your die-cutting machine’s instructions to emboss 4”x5” silver metallic Shimmer Sheetz with the Snowflakes embossing folder. Place the embossed piece on your craft sheet and squeeze drops of CR8 reinker onto random areas of the piece. Add 3 or 4 drops of JG6 (sparingly). Add blender solution drops all over, to disperse and thin down the inks, then carefully blot with a paper towel to pick up exess ink and leave a pale coloring. Let dry.
- Glue the piece centered on your card and Zot™ on white dotted sheer ribbon 1 ¼” from the bottom edge, anchoring the ends under the suede, tying a bow in the center and cutting the ends in a “v”.
- Emboss one red metallic Shimmer Sheetz and one green with the Christmas Words embossing folder. Swipe over the words with the black StazOn® ink pad. Let dry. Cut out the words “Merry”, “Christmas”, “JOY” and “Believe”. Mat “Merry” and “Christmas” on opposite colors, using the back of the remaining embossed pieces, with1/16" borders. Foam tape in place, as shown. Foam tape “JOY” on the upper right corner, as shown.
- Card inside: Mat a 3 ½”x1 1/8” green embossed piece on suede with a 1/8" border and glue centered on your card. Foam tape “Believe” on the center of the piece.