For Someone Special pinwheel card
By Ann Bernklau
- The template works great with double-sided papers.
- For the smaller pinwheels, I place a small Zot in the center to hold the ends of the pinwheel in place, then used a craft pick to poke a hole in the center and insert a brad.
- With the fold on the top, cover card with Kaleidoscope yellow floral paper. Glue 3 1/2"x6 1/2" of Kaleidoscope hot pink paper across the center.
- Using the Playful Pinwheels Template, make a 5" four-point pinwheel with Kaleidoscope green/stripe paper, a 2" four-point pinwheel from Kaleidoscope blue houndstooth/brown floral paper, and a 2" four-point pinwheel from Kaleidoscope green tile/yellow grid paper. Use the retractable pick to poke a hole in the pinwheel centers and insert a brown brad in the center of the large pinwheel and mini brads in the 2 smaller pinwheels. Use large Zots to attach the large pinwheel in the center of the card and the two smaller pinwheels on either side.
- Use Birthday Greeting to stamp "For Someone Special" on 1 5/8"x3/4" of Kaleidoscope yellow grid paper and round the 2 bottom corners with scissors. Mat on Kaleidoscope blue houndstooth paper with a 1/8" border and glue to the top center.
- Cut 1/8" wide strips from Kaleidoscope brown pattern paper and glue to the bottom of the 2 side pinwheels and a 1/4" for the bottom of the center pinwheel. Trim off excess from the bottom of the card.
- Inside: Glue 6 1/2"x2" of Kaleidoscope green tile paper across the bottom. Make a 2 3/4" pinwheel from Kaleidoscope blue houndstooth/brown floral paper and insert a brown mini brad in the center. Zot to card 3/4" from the top and 1/2" from the left. Glue a 1/8" wide strip of Kaleidoscope brown paper below the pinwheel as shown.
- Stamp Birthday Greetings "It's your day" on 2"x7/8" Kaleidoscope yellow grid paper and round the right 2 corners. Mat on Kaleidoscope hot pink paper, leaving a 1/16" border. Glue to the right of the pinwheel stick.