Friends Forever Card
By Ann Barba
Designer Tip: I used the twine on the card to make it look like the labels were hanging from the top. Add Pink Jewel Dazzles for a little sparkle!
- With the fold on the left, cover the card front with Penelope pink cardstock. Ink the edges black using a cosmetic sponge. Cut 4 3/4"x6 1/4" of Penelope aqua/green/pink tile, ink edges, and glue to center.
- Cut 4 3/4"x2 1/4" of Penelope horizontal scallop paper. Cut along the scallops at the top and bottom. Mat on 4 3/4"x2 1/4" of white cardstock. Glue across the center of the card.
- Cut out Fancy Label B and Rounded Label B from Penelope green gingham. Ink the edges black and mat both on pink cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Stamp "We'll be friends forever" in the center of Fancy Label B. Stamp "Because you know way too much!" in the center of Rounded Label B.
- Foam tape the first greeting to the card 1 1/4" from the top and 1/4" from the left. Foam tape the second greeting 1/4" from the right and 3/4" from the bottom. Add pink Jewel Dazzles to both greetings as shown.
- Zot a small bow of pink/white twine at the tops of the greetings. Rub a bit of Tacky Glue on the ends to keep them from fraying. Use rolled up Zots adhesive dots to glue a length of twine extending from the bows to the top of the card as shown. Trim to fit. Add Tacky glue to prevent fraying.
- Cut a 5"x3/4" piece of striped paper and trim along the top edge, even with the scallop. Mat the bottom edge on pink cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue across the center of the inside. Cut out Victorian Label from green gingham. Stamp "HUGS & kisses" on the center. Ink the edges black and mat on pink cardstock, with 1/16" borders. Glue to the Penelope striped paper. Add pink Jewel Dazzles to each side of the label. Zot a pink/white twine bow at the top of the label.